Author Topic: Steve Fossett's Jet car web site?  (Read 3673 times)

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

Steve Fossett's Jet car web site?
« on: November 23, 2007, 02:42:58 PM »
Steve Fossett

Any word on him? Is there a web site with pictures and info on the car now? I see a lot on American Eagle but nothing on the Fossett car as a challenger there should be something on it as of now goals? future runs? Driver? or its going to be retired forever due to Steve not found

Does anyone have pictures of Craig Breedloves rocket go kart? I seen it next to his trailer in 96 at Black Rock but cant find my pictures of it. My web page is back up click my link Ford Flash Back lots of Ford racing history
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:47:22 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Steve Fossett's Jet car web site?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 02:59:09 PM »
The rocket go kart was not from Craig Breedlove - the owner Daszer Moinar - crew chief of the 96/97 campaign from Craig. The go kart was also at Black Rock. Ky Michaelson, the Rocket Man, done a ride on this thing....when he visit Craigs camp
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 04:47:22 PM »
The rocket go kart was not from Craig Breedlove - the owner Daszer Moinar - crew chief of the 96/97 campaign from Craig. The go kart was also at Black Rock. Ky Michaelson, the Rocket Man, done a ride on this thing....when he visit Craigs camp

PorkPie

How fast could that Kart go? you have any pictures of it? I have a couple kart racers interested in it I told them about it 

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 07:29:13 PM »

PorkPie

How fast could that Kart go? you have any pictures of it? I have a couple kart racers interested in it I told them about it 
I got two slides series from Bonneville and Black Rock, around 20/15 picture - Black Rock with Ky in the seat.

The speed so as Daszer said it can run up to 80 mph.....and than it's incredible loud....sound like a V1 with the Daniel tube.....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 11:45:47 PM »

Rocket Powered Go Kart
Built in 2000, this is the third rocket go-kart Michaelson built. In 1976 he built a rocket powered go-kart which set a world speed record of 248 mph in a quarter mile, driven by Pat Best.

That's 7,000 rpm on the tire!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Blue

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 12:22:44 PM »
Steve Fossett

Any word on him? Is there a web site with pictures and info on the car now? I see a lot on American Eagle but nothing on the Fossett car as a challenger there should be something on it as of now goals? future runs? Driver? or its going to be retired forever due to Steve not found

Does anyone have pictures of Craig Breedloves rocket go kart? I seen it next to his trailer in 96 at Black Rock but cant find my pictures of it. My web page is back up click my link Ford Flash Back lots of Ford racing history
A web site will be up soon and an announcement posted here.
Eric Ahlstrom
Program Manager
Fossett LSR

Offline PJQ

• South end, Land of Oz
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 09:25:01 PM »
Another Michelson Kart is down-under at the Fremantle museum.

http://www.fremantlemotormuseum.net/carsimages/1980mcglashans.htm
Regards,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories