Author Topic: FIA meet  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
FIA meet
« on: October 08, 2007, 09:29:39 PM »
Once again Jon Amo is giving live updates, photos and videos. Without this on the spot coverage we would be waiting at least a month for printed or other media information. We all owe Jon a lot for taking his time and money to do this, we also owe his wife a great big thanks for allowing him to do it.

This web site takes many hours to keep it going and any donations mean a lot. All LSR and racing venues gain  a lot as does the racer for having a place to vent or ask questions, sell parts, vehicles etc. Jon, thanks again for all you do.

Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline mkilger

Re: FIA meet
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:07:52 AM »
With Jon giving updates like he is, we are all reading or seeing history unfold as it happens ,almost like being there. Too bad we didnt have Jon there in the 60's with Summers Bros and  Mickey  ran thanks Jon.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 12:45:06 AM »
Too bad we didn't have Jon in the 60's

I think I heard his mom say that once...  :-D

I personally was hoping for updates every 10 minutes instead of every 18 or so.  Great job Jon, wish I was there,
congratulations to Charles Nearburg and the Spirit of Rett crew.  I'll even bet the car's original builder is beaming with the success of his baby and its potential unveiling.  Howard, are you lurking out there.  Good Job to all involved.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 09:41:09 AM »
Thanks Jon for the updates it is much appreciated.  Also congratulations to the record setters,  I know how hard it is to get everyting to work to set one of those.  Time limit and all again Good Job. 
Brian  #7796

landracing

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 09:49:29 AM »
Brian,

I guess since Nearburg took the FIA Danny Boy record of 340 mph, (which Danny Boy took from Terry Nish) you will have to kick those Apple Growers in the butt and join the FIA attempts next year and regain their record back.

It has been great out here.

Jon