Author Topic: on the road to the world finals  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
on the road to the world finals
« on: September 30, 2007, 08:42:56 AM »
Leaving in  about one hour.  Road conditions look good in Utah at least on the west side. Cold  on the salt at 35 degrees this morning. Everyone have a great and safe trip, see ya there.
Glen :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline esqeddy

• New folks
Re: on the road to the world finals
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 09:20:52 AM »
My trailer and truck left South Georgia Friday morning.  We picked up the race car in Houston on Sat.  I'll be flying in on Monday evening.  I'm really looking forward to this event very much.

But how do you act when...

1) There are 2/3 less vehicles in line?

2) It won't be hot while waiting in line?

:lol:

I wonder if they will be giving away those Monster drinks again.  Is that stuff supposed to actually taste good?!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 09:44:51 AM »
I'm halfway there, Monster Drinks... :-P We better hope they have hot coffee, 35 degrees, I better put antifreeze in the bike...  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 10:51:30 AM »
One day as the sun came up in Bendover, the snow was more than I have ever seen there and I could not imagine we could run.
I got a call from out on the salt to ask where I was because they were done taking pictures ready to run.
The conditions were perfect for taking pictures and the salt was as good as it can get.
The timer displays are LCD and the cold would allow the timing and printer to work but the visual had to be put under the heater in the Rent- a- Wreck .
We were running 1 open bike, and with the chill factor the rider experienced, he may still be frozen.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline DCarr511

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 11:12:07 AM »
Good Luck to everyone attending the WF's. I could only wish I was there.

I have to wait until SW '08

Offline GH

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 06:09:05 PM »
Arrived  in Blanding Utah yesterday afternoon, Sumner took us to see indian ruins. Had supper at his place and this morning we took off to see more ruins, hiked until about 1:30 when the rains came, we are back at the motel, its still raining. We are leaving for Wendover early tomarrow, be there around noon. Cya

Offline WZ JUNK

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 06:23:01 PM »
Arrived  in Blanding Utah yesterday afternoon, Sumner took us to see indian ruins. Had supper at his place and this morning we took off to see more ruins, hiked until about 1:30 when the rains came, we are back at the motel, its still raining. We are leaving for Wendover early tomarrow, be there around noon. Cya

Glad you made it.  To bad you had to quit early today.  I bet he did not even get your legs tired.  Good Luck.

I am going drag racing Sunday at MOKAN but I wish I was with you.

John
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 10:02:13 PM »
On the road to Bendover since Sunday at noon. Finally outran the rain in far east Oregon.  Still looks good to the EastSpent the night in Boise, was raining in AM all the way to Twin Falls. Am now in Wells, 42 degrees,sprinkles and windy. Still looks decent to the East. Am going out to drain the block now. See you all there.
rht

Offline mkilger

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 01:01:37 AM »
I will be on the road at 530am tuesday should get to bendover about 5pm wish everyone good luck.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 06:36:43 AM »
I'm leaving sometime after breakfast. Should be there by lunch.  :-D :-D :-D Wayno