Author Topic: WoS 07  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Mile High Talon

• High Mileage Racer
  • New folks
    • http://groups.msn.com/MileHighTalon
WoS 07
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:01:53 PM »
It was nice to meet Jon and Slim last week on the Salt, and to see Porkpie and other old friends again for another run at the 150 Club! My daughters and I and my crew chief Stephen had a excellent time and the weather was great. The car ran perfect and was faster than its ever been for the first mile on the first run on Wed, right up until I melted a piston and broke the exhaust valves in one cylinder just past the 1 :| Still managed to coast through the 2 at 123.xxx on 3 cylinders. An honorable death for the OEM engine after only 283,000 miles.

I've got another block and crank in the machine shop now and just ordered forged rods and pistons and a set of cams so it'll be back on the road again in a few weeks. The plan now is to add the rest of the safety gear needed and an overdrive 5th gear to run BGT or possibly PS for Speed Week and WoS next year.

If anyone has any photos or video of the Mile High car or crew, even if we're just in the background, please e-mail them to me at: floorinspector@msn.com, or message me for my address. With your permission, I'd like to include them with the great photos Porkpie took for our excellent sponsors: Mile High Mitsubishi/Honda/Acura, 9secondracing.com, On-Track Performance, The Carpet Studio, and Phoenix Race Apparel

Next year, James
'95 Talon TSiAWD daily driver
www.milehightalon.net
WoS '06 148.36887mph @ 280,000mi.
Profile photo by 'Porkpie' Graf

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
Re: WoS 07
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 03:07:07 PM »
James -- It was fun seeing you out there, I have some pictures of your car I will send you but they are way too big for email (my account has a limit on size).

I can burn you a CD and drop it off to you if you like - have to work tonight but off later in the week.

Larry

Offline Mile High Talon

• High Mileage Racer
  • New folks
    • http://groups.msn.com/MileHighTalon
Re: WoS 07
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 04:06:58 PM »
Thanks Larry!

James
"One good thing about a 4-banger is it only costs half as much as a V-8 to re-build!"
'95 Talon TSiAWD daily driver
www.milehightalon.net
WoS '06 148.36887mph @ 280,000mi.
Profile photo by 'Porkpie' Graf