Author Topic: Last Minute Thrashes  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Dave Haller

Last Minute Thrashes
« on: August 06, 2007, 09:07:32 PM »
Well, I have tried for six months now to avoid the last minute thrash. Due to circumstances I have no control over the thrash is on. Stuff is layed out and ready to pack and just sitting without the truck or trailer here. My bud was supposed to have a new winch installed last week, as of today not yet. That bud is the king of the procrastinators. My other buds have been to busy to take out time to help finish up the engine valve train, so here I sit. The truck needs an oil change my buds were going to take care of, not yet. I need a few retired motor heads with some time on their hands to help out this time of year and hopefully no more last minute thrashes!!!!! Don't matter though, I'll be there come heck or, no I won't say anything about high water!!!!!!!!!!
Had to vent a little folks, as you well know most help is volunteer so I can't complain to much.

Offline RogueKustoms

• New folks
Re: Last Minute Thrashes
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 10:13:14 PM »
I am with you on this one, just when you think you can count on vendors, they screw you, you scramble to arrange for some one to FedEx your parts to you at your hotel when they finally show up on your front porch after you are on the road.  Just when you think you have all of your fuel lines perfect you realize that one of the bends in the Aeroquip firesleeve is pinching the fuel line and starving one of the carbs and you have to completely redo the lines.  You're in the shop on this past Saturday from 5:30am until almost 3am Sunday with severe paint problems . . . . on and on and on

I feel you brother

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:29:42 PM »
To paraphrase from "Days of Thunder" - "Racin' is thrashin' and thrashin' is racin'". It doesn't matter what you do, that's the way it always ends up!

Pete

Offline Loose Goose-Terry#1

• Terry
  • When in doubt, GAS IT!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 11:42:17 PM »
 :-) THAT'S THE WAY IT'S ALWAYS BEEN...THAT'S THE WAY IT'LL ALWAYS BE!!
RACING IS RACING AND YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT...THRASHES AND ALL, IT'S JUST PART OF THE RACING LIFE.
HAVE FUN WITH IT AND TRY NOT TO TAKE IT TOO SERIOUS, YOU'LL HAVE A LOT MORE TIME TO REALLY ENJOY THE SPORT. :-D
If I had it all to do over again...I would!

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 12:48:03 AM »
Okay, things got better tonight. Got the engine all buttoned up, valves all set and it's on the ground ready to load and go to tech. Still waiting on the trailer but am advised I should have it by noon or so. That gives me a half a day to load the car and gear. Should have time to spare, yee haaa!!!!!!
Weather reports are looking very good. Company out there on the salt is always the very best so the Thrashin Blues are now on hold till next year.
See you down there, I will have the big long blue A/FL, #93,
Dave Haller

Offline saltsho1

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 04:03:33 AM »
The last minute thrashes are killing me also,  I was going to  make my first speed week this year but the block is still in the shop, trailer isn't registered yet, and I'm still waiting on gaskets,   oh well I'll still be there even without  the car and I'll run it next month.

Good Luck to all running next week

Ernie

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 12:08:21 AM »
Well the thrash is now over. Car is loaded, truck is packed and serviced, new winch in trailer works better than hoped for. Even got a little help with gas money to get us there and home. Will have one day and night to relax with the family then off we go to the salt for fun, smells, noise and best of all seeing all those friends I've made over the past twelve years going to the salt.
Dave Haller #93