Author Topic: MUD  (Read 3892 times)

Offline fast58

• New folks
MUD
« on: July 31, 2007, 10:29:29 PM »
Where else can you park if it to muddy at the bend in the road?

Offline michael lueders

Re: MUD
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 10:47:53 PM »
My guess would be the lot at the South end of Wenedover right against the buffs on the left as you head out. Seen some camp there before. Can't speak to the legality. Also, some camp on the dirt road along the canal past the bend in the road. IE go past the truck stop, don't turn right to the salt at the bend..just go straight. If no one chews up the mud and it has the same chance as the salt it should start to firm up as it is higher ground than the lake itself....total newb here so take it for what's it's worth. :mrgreen:

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 11:28:34 PM »
Anyone ever thought at staying at the scale house? Don't know the legalities but have seen rigs at scales for days.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 11:30:41 PM »
Anyone ever thought at staying at the scale house? Don't know the legalities but have seen rigs at scales for days.

Maybe they were there against their wishes  :wink:,

Sum

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 11:46:31 PM »
The scale house waiters are waiting for permits.
The ramp at the airport down where "Lighting Man"did his shows and Mother Moon's dog blew up should be available. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »
The area on the east end of town near the bluffs was called "tarantula flats" years ago.....Camper beware................................
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »
Speaking of "Lightning Man", i was sure he was going to kill somebody. Anyone know what happened to him after he left for California? I guess he didn't succeed since I haven't seen "ball lightning" for sale on e-Bay yet.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 06:08:27 PM »
His study continued in a proper lab about 8 miles north of me in Sorrento Valley.
I last saw him at a convention for electrical engineers, and we scared those around us talking about the Bendover digs and adventures.
Mother Moon went to her grave, still upset about her dog that we nicknamed "Fluffy" after his famous episode with indoor, homemade lightning.
 Mort the Sport wanted to call him 'Smokey" but that was too harsh for our refined crowd.   :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"