Author Topic: HOW MUCH RAIN IS THERE AT BONNEVILLE?  (Read 32738 times)

Offline saltlakechris

• New folks
Re: HOW MUCH RAIN IS THERE AT BONNEVILLE?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 07:21:57 PM »
as of thur 1 water to my ankels on middle of salt ranning now real bad just canclled my hotle

Offline esqeddy

• New folks
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 07:29:33 PM »
I've got two vehicles pulling out this Saturday from the east coast each pulling an enclosed trailer with a race vehicle in it.  It would be nice to have a website I can have someone back home check periodically to check for cancellation notices.  Is this it?  

Its going to cost me over $2.00 per mile for every mile I make toward the salt.  So any unnecessary mileage I can avoid really helps the bottom line.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this one.  Can someone at least tell us where we can find the official announcement first?

Offline don pennington

• Cool Old Decals
    • http://www.hotrodmotors.com
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 07:40:59 PM »
I thought I read the work crews were to start showing up Saturday. If so, BNI has to make a decision by Thursday or Friday at the latest...I would think. A guy could figure, especially if he has a fer piece to come....to leave later and run during the week. That could give you a few days to play with.
Old style water decals
www.hotrodmotors.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 07:45:36 PM »
The salt will be inspected on Saturday by the staff. The official report will be posted as soon as we get it. It will be posted on this site and on www.scta-bni.org. Please work with us and not send out false hopes and rumors.
Glen
BNI Chief Timer
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

landracing

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 07:52:15 PM »
Like Glen said, They will be out there Saturday to make a decision, the it will be posted on the SCTA-BNI website, then landracing.com... If it doesnt say "As reported by the SCTA-BNI" its not official...

I just got caught up in rumors, early today from an email, and in the end, "IF IT DOESNT COME FROM THE SCTA-BNI its not official" it's their meet and they make the decisions...

It will be reported as soon as they can.

Jon

landracing

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 07:57:54 PM »
I've got two vehicles pulling out this Saturday from the east coast each pulling an enclosed trailer with a race vehicle in it.  It would be nice to have a website I can have someone back home check periodically to check for cancellation notices.  Is this it?  

Its going to cost me over $2.00 per mile for every mile I make toward the salt.  So any unnecessary mileage I can avoid really helps the bottom line.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this one.  Can someone at least tell us where we can find the official announcement first?

ESQEddy,

PM me your cell number and Ill call you as soon as I hear something. me email is webmaster@landracing.com

Jon

LVMAXX

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 07:59:53 PM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:30:21 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Rain , rain go-away , come again some other day.
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2007, 08:09:27 PM »
The rain over the mountains nearby is a particular problem because it washes down the silt that displaces the salt and forms in layers.
The natural seasonal cycle forces the good salt to the top and the mud down.
Violate nature and you compromise the natural healing that makes it better for LSR. :wink:

Are you wearing Roman sandals and driving a microbus Jack??? :-D :-D

I feel for anyone right now who has a very long drive that they must decide whether to embark upon or not .As if this game isn't difficult and expensive enough already at the last minute you're forced to gamble more money on a long fruitless drive , that could go into a bunch of spares for next year, or save your marriage( get the spares)..........work all year , sweat and toil , just to get ready for ?.......at least you guys have a couple of meets you can run at.

Best of luck, I've got my fingers crossed for ya.

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline joea

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2007, 08:15:56 PM »
saltlakechris...........how far off the access road were you..?

did you see the courses..?

was it raining on the salt......or were you back in SLC..?

Offline Freud

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2007, 08:47:37 PM »
Do you suppose that saltakechris is the relief toetruck driver for Bob Drury
and they are still in Vancouver, WA?

That's exactly the type info One Run Bob would use in making his
trip decisions.

Maybe that's the reason he put his car on the trailer backwards: no
water could get in thru the hood scoop.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline WildBro

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2007, 09:15:02 PM »
as of thur 1 water to my ankels on middle of salt ranning now real bad just canclled my hotle

Saltlakechris,
Please email me your room cancellation info.  I would be interested in taking/making a reservation. Fast@wildbros.com
Thanks, Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline half-fast

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2007, 09:16:31 PM »
Anyway to get salt updates sent to text message addresses, Truck leaving tomorrow, 2600 miles, about 2800 dinnerro and so it goes.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2007, 09:35:22 PM »
I thought we settled all this last year.  If you call the SCTA office the phone message is supposed to give out the latest poop on the meet.  If they don't have their shit together, heads should roll.  We need one number that has THE FACTS, and this site can provide a valuable back up.  If you don't know the facts then keep your f--king rumors to your self.  Freud, its my shorts I put on backwards, a trick I picked up while dressing you at the nursing home..............One Run out.............
Bob Drury

landracing

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2007, 09:57:27 PM »
Anyway to get salt updates sent to text message addresses, Truck leaving tomorrow, 2600 miles, about 2800 dinnerro and so it goes.

half Fast,

Send me the address in a PM or to email webmaster@landracing.com... Or cell phone and I will call you.

Jon

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2007, 10:00:32 PM »
Bob
Read the whole list. We can't post it or have it on the SCTA phone until they get there and make the decision to run or not.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah