Author Topic: Any one from Europe coimg to speed week?  (Read 3447 times)

Offline SaltFlatBike

• New folks
Any one from Europe coimg to speed week?
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:09:15 PM »
A friend is coming from Germany to Speed Week. He has never been to the states before but has traveled all over the world. He has asked for tips on coming over here. He has plane and rental car set up already and we will take care of him when he arrives. Any of our over seas Salt Flat veterans have any good travel tips for him?
Thanks Mickey
Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high, Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, Live like your aint afraid to die, Don't be scared just enjoy the ride !!

Offline rockstar

Re: Any one from Europe coimg to speed week?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:53:15 PM »
Hi There.
We are coming to the salt from the United Kingdom,to run in the M/C P/P class,hope to have a great time,first time to the USA here as well.
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:06:27 PM »
A friend is coming from Germany to Speed Week. He has never been to the states before but has traveled all over the world. He has asked for tips on coming over here. He has plane and rental car set up already and we will take care of him when he arrives. Any of our over seas Salt Flat veterans have any good travel tips for him?
Thanks Mickey
I'm not a veteran...I'm a part of the salt......and I'm from far away Germany.....give me his e-mail address over the message board directly and I will go in contact with him.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline SaltFlatBike

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 03:16:48 PM »
Pork Pie
His name is Michael, email is michael.rommel@cheapnet.it . I appreciate your help.

Rockstar
I'm sure glad you can make it. Stop by and say Hi! My bikes # is 67 and a great big flesh colored van will be hauling it ( wife calls it the flesh mobile!). If their is anything we can do to help let us know.
Thanks Mickey

Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high, Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, Live like your aint afraid to die, Don't be scared just enjoy the ride !!

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 03:33:47 PM »
Pork Pie
His name is Michael, email is michael.rommel@cheapnet.it . I appreciate your help.

Rockstar
I'm sure glad you can make it. Stop by and say Hi! My bikes # is 67 and a great big flesh colored van will be hauling it ( wife calls it the flesh mobile!). If their is anything we can do to help let us know.
Thanks Mickey

I sent Michael a e-mail, waiting for his response.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline rockstar

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 01:11:18 PM »
Hi Mickey.
Thanks for the welcome,sure will stop by to say hello,and you can bet your sweet butt there is going to be something we will forget.
will see you on the salt.

David.

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »
Mickey,

Michael wrote me back, so we are in contact.
Pork Pie

Offline SaltFlatBike

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 09:40:38 PM »
PorkPie;
Thanks for your help. Mike emailed me this morning. I'm sure it will be more reassuring for him to talk to you.

Roskstar;
Time is short, better throw that thing on a boat. You are on the wrong side for me to pick it up. If you where off the Pacific Ocean you could throw it on my boat. We just got back to port today.
Thanks Mickey

Offline rockstar

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 02:56:43 AM »
Hi Mickey.
Thanks for the offer, but the bike is going by air to Chicago,box is paid for,flight is paid for,we have got to send some pics to the DOT then fill in some forms and then fill in some EPA forms otherwise it will not clear customs.

David

Team Sparrow Racing UK