Author Topic: Hello to all...  (Read 3633 times)

Offline overboost

• New folks
Hello to all...
« on: June 28, 2007, 09:08:33 PM »
I should have registered long ago but I would get caught up in reading the posts and then it would be 2:00 in the morning....My sincere thanks to the owner's and sponsor's of this site, a wealth of information.  Hopefully I will be able to meet more of you this year.  2006 was my rookie year and, as some of you may recall, the experience is ...huge.  Mr. John Noonan held an umbrella over me around noon one day last year as I sweltered in black leather.  You never forget a kind gesture.  I will be the old guy on the black turbo 'busa....Hopefully with it dialed in slightly better than last year....I wish each of you a safe journey to Bonneville and hope to see you there.

Lynn Stubblefield....overboost...
2005 Hayabusa....small mods...MPS-BG 1209B...
Lynn Stubblefield, Nashville, TN

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Hello to all...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:49:12 PM »
Welcome to the board and hope to meet you in August,

Sum

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 12:43:18 AM »
Lynn,

Welcome to site and I am glad I was able to make it a bit easier on you, I also have all Black leathers and know how you felt.

Take care and go fast, be safe and have fun!!

J

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:00:38 AM »
Welcome, I'm fairly new to this site as well and it is a kick in the pants.  Not sure if certain language is allowed?  Anyway welcome and good luck racing.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 12:09:25 PM »
"...if certain language is allowed?"  Well, I don't know if there are any filters that are in use to keep things clean, but you'll find than most of the time there aren't many swear/curse words used here.  It's a pleasure to me -- yeah, I can swear like a trencherman, and so can many other folks, but by and large we don't do so on the forum.  We enjoy one anothers courtesy in keeping things clean enough that those who might be offended by foul words -- stay here and share with us.  We need every bit of input we can get, so we don't get too dirty-mouthed very often.  Thanks for "asking" -- it gave me a chance to state what many of us already understood but hadn't said.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 01:44:44 PM »
Do a "SPELLO" and you will hit the nail square on the head at Slim's thumb.
It helps to keep him sharp. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 02:01:21 PM »
Lynn, where are you in Nashville?  My shop is in Mt Juliet.  Had lunch yesterday with Chris Henderson if you know him. (black mid 50's 4door Jag with SBC that's run at Maxton and power tour).  Anyhow, good to see you here.
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline overboost

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 03:09:58 PM »
Lynn, where are you in Nashville?  My shop is in Mt Juliet.  Had lunch yesterday with Chris Henderson if you know him. (black mid 50's 4door Jag with SBC that's run at Maxton and power tour).  Anyhow, good to see you here.

Hello Mr. revolutionary...I'm in the Priest Lake area and once lived in Mt Juliet.  Mr. Konrad Thiele at TNT Performance Dyno in Donelson is the engineer on my project and my good friend.  He will also be bringing a bike to Bonneville with the high hopes of going faster than me (Abandon All Hope, Konrad :evil:  ).  If you would be so kind as to give me your address, I would like to stop by sometime.....Sorry, I do not believe that I know Mr. Henderson......And thanks to all of you for the warm welcome....Lynn...      :-D
2005 Hayabusa....small mods...MPS-BG 1209B...
Lynn Stubblefield, Nashville, TN