Author Topic: Record speed for C/BGMS or C/BFMS  (Read 8090 times)

Offline Lynchy

Record speed for C/BGMS or C/BFMS
« on: May 21, 2007, 09:25:16 PM »
Dear all

I was wondering if someone could point me to the current outright record for C/BGMS as well as C/BFMS? The records on the SCTA-BNI site are missing and are difficult to find elsewhere. Is there a one-stop website for overall records??

While we are asking for help:

Could anyone advise where NASCAR roof flaps would be available to purchase?? They're not so easy to find in Australia.

Thanks
Lynchy

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Record speed for C/BGMS or C/BFMS
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 09:45:18 PM »
Dear all

I was wondering if someone could point me to the current outright record for C/BGMS as well as C/BFMS? The records on the SCTA-BNI site are missing and are difficult to find elsewhere. Is there a one-stop website for overall records??

While we are asking for help:

Could anyone advise where NASCAR roof flaps would be available to purchase?? They're not so easy to find in Australia.

Thanks
Lynchy

I think the reason you couldn't find the records as it looks to me that those are "open" records yet to be filled.  That seems strange as a "c" motor (typical small block chevy) is one of the most popular out there.

We got ours from Doug Odom on here.  I don't know if he has any more or not.  You could make them, not much to them.  We had to modify ours.

There are more pictures here:

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-construction-2006-1.html

c ya,

Sum

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 09:48:01 PM »
Chris Matheson from Queensland ran DLRA (#380) and Bonneville (#351) with a 97  Thunderbird and has one.
I think they are all built by the body fabricator as a package to the NASCAr specification that applies.
You might do well to contact him.
The SCTA book lists the C/BGMS  as open with the one above at 231.516 and the one below at 242.411.
 C/BFMS as open also with only A, e, and G standing. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

dwarner

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 10:01:58 PM »
The SCTA-BNI records are open. The Bonneville 200 MPH Club has minimums of
 260 for C/BFMS and 240 for C/BGMS.

DW

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 11:35:08 PM »
Try these guys.  They build lots of cup cars and trucks and they are very good to deal with.  You can get their phone number from the site. www.hutch-pagan.com
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 11:37:50 PM by maguromic »
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 12:13:37 AM »
Thank you all!

Yes I know of Chris Matheson and since we live in the same city I may be able to get in contact with him. I'm sorry I didn't think of him in the first place. Appreciate the info regarding records, I was sure that I got it wrong as Sum states "C motors are one of the most popular out there". This came about as we are building the Aussie Jag for C/BGMS and quite possibly C/BFMS and wanted to find out what record there is for this class as there is also no record in Oz.

Thanks also to DWarner (is it Dan?) for the minimums. We are just hoping to get it down the track in one piece the first year out and 240 - 260 would be but a dream for some time to come. 200 is the current dream, if we get that maybe we could go for "stretch" dreams.

Thanks
Lynchy

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 01:29:32 AM »
The class distinction is relatively new and as a result a bit immature.
You can bet somebody has their eye on it.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 07:02:52 AM »
Hmmm..

Your next event is before our next event. The race has begun. Big Gaz owns the car and wants to be known as Australia's Fastest Accountant, when I told him it was open globally he modified his dream to World's Fastest Accountant. I had to remind him that Accountants may not limit themselves just to MS, they may drive other machines as well......

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 07:19:20 AM »
Perhaps he could additionally qualify his prospective title with , car type, year, location, color, direction, or if he needs to pin it down even more than that, time of day.
What ever it takes to settle the bar (pub) bet is fair.
Our people do it all the time. :-D

Offline doug odom

• Global Moderator
    • popmotorsports.com
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 10:18:14 AM »
Lynchy, Try www.racerauction.com lot# 141   Paul has a nice roof flap on sale now for $79. I have gotten things from him before and he is an OK guy. If you want, he can ship to me and I will ship it to you from here.     Doug Odom in big ditch
Doug Odom in big ditch

How old would you be now if you didn't know how old you are?
If you can't race it or take it to bed - it ain't worth having.

Offline jdincau

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 03:30:36 PM »
Ah yes Jack, we once got an award from Chevy Power magazine for "the fastest chevy powerd roadster" at Bonneville back in the 70's. At the announcement of this stupendous honor my son asked "would that be the fastest RED chevy powerd roadster or the fastest Blue one"? Put me right in my place.
Jim in Palmdale
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 04:05:32 PM »
Now those little "BRATS" want to race just to impress the Curls and the Curls are going 200+ on a bike ! :wink:

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
F/BC
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 04:26:19 PM »
Hmmm..

Your next event is before our next event. The race has begun. Big Gaz owns the car and wants to be known as Australia's Fastest Accountant, when I told him it was open globally he modified his dream to World's Fastest Accountant. I had to remind him that Accountants may not limit themselves just to MS, they may drive other machines as well......

.......worlds fastest Bean Counter ........in my experience Accountants are very slow , very slow ,or just a little bit too quick :wink:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 11:12:15 PM »
Lynchy, Try www.racerauction.com lot# 141   Paul has a nice roof flap on sale now for $79. I have gotten things from him before and he is an OK guy. If you want, he can ship to me and I will ship it to you from here.     Doug Odom in big ditch

Doug - Thanks very much for the offer. I've passed the info to Gary and he thinks this will likely be the easiest and cheapest way to get one. I'll PM you if we need to take up your offer with the shipping.

Perhaps he could additionally qualify his prospective title with , car type, year, location, color, direction, or if he needs to pin it down even more than that, time of day.

Jack - So that would be C/BMS CPA LG 08?? And we'd need to audit the record books as well  :-D

worlds fastest Bean Counter

Goggles - He prefers Shiny Bummed Cardigan Wearing Pencil Sharpener over Bean Counter  :-D

Thanks for the help and advice guys it is appreciated. If you see anything wrong or that could be done better in the build photos please let us know. I will pass all criticism on to Gary and accept all praise!

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 02:35:16 AM »
Sum

I was checking out the installation of Hooley's roof flap from your website and was wondering if you braced the flap inside the car at all? Gaz and I were thinking that at 200+ if the flap opened there would be a considerable force on it.

BTW - After looking at the build photos of the Stude, there are remarkable similarities between it and the Jag. Hopefully we can duplicate the performance.

Lynchy