Author Topic: Log Book  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Carl Johansson

Log Book
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:57:43 AM »
So I am beginning to prepare 2 vehicles for bonneville.  It seems to me the right way to do it is get a log book right away and take photos etc of the prep stages.

Is this a good idea? If so -  what stuff is important - I assume all of the safety stuff right -  reciepts for materials? emails from officials OKing stuff? what?

Do I need some official logbook -  if so where would I buy one -  I don't see any on the SCTA store site?

Carl Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
Re: Log Book
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:23:31 AM »
and to add to this... can I use an ECTA log book for an SCTA/BNI event?

landracing

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 11:52:49 AM »
Log books are easy. You can buy at event for $20 I believe. Comes with chassis sticker that matches log book. I have never seen where this has been a problem. I lost mine and bought a new one this past year on the salt, put the sticker on chassis and was done. Usually a 5 minute deal. Really easy. Nothing to worry about. Just show up and buy two of them for your bikes... I don't forsee any immediate, have to do it right now, problems...

As far as I know you Can not use a ECTA log book for a SCTA event.

Jon

landracing

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 11:57:40 AM »
You can also refer to this post in the archives for more info and who to contact to get one early if you wish.

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,17.0.html

Jon

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 12:14:28 PM »
I think you're right about SCTA/ECTA log books, Jon.  I know that at the ECTA we'll accept an SCTA log if presented during inspection, and I know that vice-versa hasn't been allowed when I've been inspecting at the Salt.  If memory serves correctly, the SCTA log records more information about the vehicle/specific event entered than does the ECTA book, so SCTA book at Maxton is okay, but ECTA book at Bonneville not okay.

By the way, Carl, put the sticker someplace where it can been easily (note "easily" -- inspectors need to see it, and they get cranky when forced to stand on their heads and look into dark and oily chambers just to see the sticker) be seen -- and someplace where it's not likely to be moved during future modifications of the vehicle.  On Nancy's bike we had it on the swingarm, which was fine 'til we sent the arm out for coating.  At least we removed it first, but then had to decide whether to get a new book or to try to re-attach the foil sticker with super-sticky glue substance.  The sticker is now in a non-threatened location.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Nimphius

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 01:19:29 PM »
Are SCTA Log Books only available at events or can you purchase by mail?

John

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 09:45:38 PM »
thanks.