Author Topic: El Mirage News  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Walter

• Nash & Kirchner, P.C.
El Mirage News
« on: November 11, 2006, 06:10:30 PM »
Any news from this weekend at El Mirage?

Offline Bob Jr.

El Mirage News
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 06:21:46 PM »
:evil:

I left the lakebed @ 2:00pm and they had run about 30 cars and it was very windy and so dusty you could only see a few feet.  Not goo so far this weekend.....
Bob Sights Jr.

"Speed is no object price is the problem"

Gear Grinder

624 G/BSTR 171.173 El Mirage

627 H/BFMR Bville 176.787, H/BGMR Bville 181.089 G/BFMR El Mirage 180.10, G/BGMR El Mirage 187.534

"Worlds fastest to the cooler of beer"

Offline jimmy six

El Mirage News
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 01:19:27 AM »
Everyone got a first run Sunday morming after the close out on Saturday. By the looks of everyone on Sunday morning there appeared to be some heavy partying going on Saturday night.

All who stayed were able to make a second pass if they wanted. Dan and I were not very busy but over the 2 days we completed over 10 records + the bikes.  Friberger spun on his second pass before the lights I think.. I don't believe he reached 200.

Jim Knapp was able to bump up one of his records by a few miles per hour and I believe is #1 in points. Rick Y never came to impounds. John Rank did and did the Cohns....

Read the results on the SCTA web site when Ed gets them on....

In the words of the famous license plate frame "I'd Rather Be Racin'"
So next year I will...........................JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline 836dstr

El Mirage News
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 01:56:01 PM »
The weather was a whole lot better on Sunday. I was 4 back from the starting line when the race was stopped on Saturday. There were only a few times during the next 3 & 1/2 hours where you could faintly see the timing trailer. Sunday the runs started just before 8:00 resuming with the cars running in the same order from the prior day. I was impressed how orderly it was. SURE WAS NICE RUNNING BEFORE 9:00 IN THE MORNING!Cool and a little gusty. Guys I usually see running around in shorts had their firesuit pants on all day.

The first round was completed in the early afternoon .The second round was run after the top end of the course was offset to the north. From the starting line looking down the course it reminded me of the banana I had for breckfast!.

To show what kind of day it was Sunday, after thrashing to get some fuel problems sorted out on the 5555 Streamliner, we pushed into the Rookie line at about 2:30 and we were the 5th vehicle back!

Tom