Author Topic: Fossett- Go Home!  (Read 38581 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Fossett- Go Home!
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »
It sounds like all the Roosters are trying to bark at the same time. :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2007, 01:56:02 PM »
I hope some of the small minded people don't offend you too much. Please keep us updated on the project and best wishes to you and your team. Bring the record home.

John
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2007, 02:40:16 PM »
Michael, all are welcome here.  Sometimes we forget to take our Metamusil before bedtime.  Stick around, most of us don't have teeth anymore..............
Bob Drury

landracing

« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2007, 08:45:12 PM »
I still would vouch for Fossett, only met him twice... At first I was overwhelmed who I was talking with, but as for personality, he ranks with the greats of our racing world and I think is an excellent fit with our community. He is just one of those people I think you could approach anytime, and you would have no idea what this guy has ever done... He probably would be more interested in what you do or did.

For not ever driving Ron Mains car before he sure did very well. Taking it over 300 mph I think on this third and final pass.

I'm sure he is very funny guy when the time is right, I'm sure he has great stories to tell, and by the looks of his face in picture below, He is as serious as it gets when getting instruction from the crew on how to operate the car.

The people who like bashing him (Fossett) it is a shame, because you probably have never met him.

As for as Jimmy Neutron, I hope he sticks around and keeps us up to date on progress. I find it fascinating...

Jon

« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:51:22 PM by landracing »

Offline Jimmy Neutron

• New folks
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2007, 09:02:15 PM »
I still would vouch for Fossett, only met him twice... At first I was overwhelmed who I was talking with, but as for personality, he ranks with the greats of our racing world and I think is an excellent fit with our community. He is just one of those people I think you could approach anytime, and you would have no idea what this guy has ever done... He probably would be more interested in what you do or did.

For not ever driving Ron Mains car before he sure did very well. Taking it over 300 mph I think on this third and final pass.

I'm sure he is very funny guy when the time is right, I'm sure he has great stories to tell, and by the looks of his face in picture below, He is as serious as it gets when getting instruction from the crew on how to operate the car.

The people who like bashing him (Fossett) it is a shame, because you probably have never met him.

As for as Jimmy Neutron, I hope he sticks around and keeps us up to date on progress. I find it fascinating...

Jon

We did get a new toy today. It will suck the paint off your house, and leave your family with a permanent orange afro.

Offline JGMagoo

« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2007, 11:24:18 PM »
I would have made Steve Fossett an EXCELLENT son!   :roll: :roll:

JGMagoo
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2007, 02:01:35 AM »

We did get a new toy today. It will suck the paint off your house, and leave your family with a permanent orange afro.
[/quote]

Will it cook a dog or two, if you lite the burner? :evil:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Jimmy Neutron

• New folks
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2007, 03:24:46 AM »

Will it cook a dog or two, if you lite the burner? :evil:
[/quote]

No but it did chuck a jackrabbit about 100 yards a full military power on the test stand. That was pretty... wait no. That was damn funny! Disclaimer: no we did not throw it in there. It did it all on it's own. So no calling PETA (people eating tasty animals or something like that). You know those people that let virus infected monkeys out of bio labs. Sorry nothing about the car (damn NDA) how about a picture ok. This will answer the question from a few pages back. Yes our fearless leader fits in the cockpit.