Author Topic: Help wanted  (Read 1912 times)

LittleLiner

Help wanted
« on: October 08, 2006, 10:15:52 AM »
Help wanted

I posted another message like this on the ECTA LSR yahoo email group on Thursday and so far haven't received any response.  Hopefully the wider viewing audience for Jon's site will help me get some crew/partner help.

Ok here?s the deal. I have a Maxton LSR gas coupe project that is going no where. I have No Crew, No Help and almost No Time to work on this car. The car is garaged in York, PA. The car is a Geo Metro and I am swapping in an engine to run in the lower Gas Coupe, Altered and Comp Coupe classes.

Because Maxton allows running ?up-class? with lower displacement engines there are a bunch of open or relatively soft ECTA class records just waiting for this car to take them. I have retained front wheel drive so the car is legal in gas coupe with the engine swap. Simple and cheap mods like taping the grill moves it up to Altered and adding a belly pan makes it a Comp Coupe.

Right now the car is nearly complete with the following things needed. The engine is hanging from a chain hoist in position for fabrication of engine
mounts, fabrication of a drive line adapter, modifications to the header and exhaust and modification of the wiring harness to adapt the bike
electrics to the car.

Everything else is ready including all the safety equipment needed to run under 135mph at Maxton. If the car is to go to Bonneville, it will need a cage, comp belts, fire bottle and a few other upgrades.  When that time comes I?ll hopefully be able to have Delaware Chassis Works do that work. The car will be eligible for a Bonneville class record that is
currently open.

I have come to the obvious conclusion that, as it stands now, this car will never be completed unless I enlist some help. Any help would be welcomed. Help from someone who can do good welding is even more
needed. I would be willing to share driving time and allow a partner to run for some of the records.

If there is anyone out there in my area (or not) that can hook up with me a couple weekends a month over the winter I would love to hear from you.

Thanks, Art Danby

Offline hawkwind

maybe next time
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 01:07:09 AM »
Art ,sorry I cannot offer any help as Australia is a long swim :wink:  but I can offer some advice ,I was /am in the same position ,I sort assistance some 5 years ago when I started a project ,the salt bug had bitten ,I eventually had to do everything myself ,you either sink or swim ,depends how bad you want to race ,dont give up ,it eventually becomes as much fun  building as it does racing , you learn a lot ,it just takes a great deal of time before you have something to race ,anyway all the best in your project and getting some help
Gary :)
slower than most

Rick Dillinger

help wanted
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 05:29:49 AM »
Little Liner,
    I am right close to Route 30 from you over my Downingtown and was in the same spot with a bike liner. The crew from Arrow Racing explained to me the three lists of tasks and I can see my final unit coming together. Sure it is slow but it is progress and it is my progress. Each little task is one less item of goal.
    Rick