Author Topic: Dirty laundry....  (Read 34569 times)

Offline jl222

Re: Dirty laundry....
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »
There seems to be much better ways of going about this.An old Texas sage once told me:

"A wise man makes peace with the Pharisee on the way to the Temple."   rolleyes

You mean like BOOTLICKER ? ECT...ECT

JL222

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »
I believe you're talking about 1.A, page 10 in bold face.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline JamesJ

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2014, 04:16:47 PM »
a new rule was added this year because of your "event"

What rule is that?

A.1 - Right at the beginning of the book Highlighted!

You have a new rule book right?

I have a few, but none on me.  Do you need a copy?

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 04:27:54 PM »
I believe you're talking about 1.A, page 10 in bold face.
That is always the first thing I do when getting a book each year is thumb through and read the bold print for that always indicates what has been added new from the previous years.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »
Jonny --

I have a hard time believing the credibility you put in second-hand information you put so much weight in regarding this matter.

I believe you could have been represented at the Board meeting.  I know it’s in Southern California, but because of the nature and history of the beast, that’s where most of the Board members reside.  I have brought two issues before the board in the last few years that have been decided in my favor.  I had evidence of what I believed to be the truth, and had people that were familiar with board procedures present my case(s). 

Probably, with my sterling personality, I was better off not being there.  And after your complete recollection of what happened to you, without you being there to see and hear it, it’s possible that it might be beneficial for you to find someone to “champion” your cause.

We hear a lot about good ol’ boys.  As in any volunteer organization, there are a few that do most of the work, attend most of the meetings, head most of the committees.  It’s the same in Chamber of Commerces. Kiwanis, etc.  And they all have the good ol’ boys.  I’ve been around the SCTA for a few years and an SCTA club member for less than half that.  But, you know what? -- The same ol’ good ol’ boys are not the same ol’ good ‘ol boys.  There’s always a new crop -- doing the work and going to the meetings.  And there’s still a lot of folks that want to tell them how to run their business, but won’t take the time and effort to become a (temporary -- they all are) good ol’ boy.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jh333

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »
Well here is my 2 cents and an opinion I know is not unique but not voiced outside of a few friends talking in a quiet corner.

If you look at Little League Baseball, Pop Warner Football, Bowling Leagues, Pool tournments, NHRA SCCA and I could go on, you will find a FEW people in some kind of authority that seem to go out of their way to make themselves important, stand out or heard over the rest of the group

I find 99% of these people have a spouse, children, boss or other person that dominates them and their playing Cop, Official, Inspector of what have you makes them feel important so they push their self importance way past what is needed and they will not take another persons opinion as they are the BOSS.

You can say this is not true in our HOBBY but just look with an open mind and wide open ears at the next meet and you will see it in plain site within all groups of people

Offline tauruck

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »
What is Johnny supposed to learn over the next five years or so?.

This is a long time and I think he's already learned something from his mistake whatever that was.

The ban yes, the duration no.

He's no Michael Vick and look at the punishment.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2014, 07:42:04 PM »
So decisions should include the people looking in, not participating in helping run the event, but feel because they observe some of it, they should have a voice in it?

Have you ever thought that they're the ones that keep the events going?  They need to poll the observers?

Because . . . ?

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2014, 07:46:56 PM »
1.A
TECHNICAL INSPECTION:
added new last paragraph
Under penalty of disqualification, expulsion or permanent ban, no modifications (additions, deletions, or changes)
are permitted to either vehicle equipment or driver/rider gear after passing Technical Inspection unless coordinated
with the Event Director and Chief Technical Inspector. This includes any changes in vehicle condition due to
breakdowns or failures, flat or damaged tires, spins, fires or any other reason. It is the entrant or driver/rider's
responsibility to resubmit the vehicle to tech inspection for approval of any changes

This rule
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »
Well here is my 2 cents and an opinion I know is not unique but not voiced outside of a few friends talking in a quiet corner.

I find 99% of these people have a spouse, children, boss or other person that dominates them and their playing Cop, Official, Inspector of what have you makes them feel important so they push their self importance way past what is needed and they will not take another persons opinion as they are the BOSS.

jh333 you hit the nail on the head, but it bent it a little IMHO it is only 98% of these people :-o now we just have to get the 2% solve the equation 8-)

grumm------you have a great day, thanks for all your support
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2014, 08:21:07 PM »
I have a hard time believing the credibility you put in second-hand information you put so much weight in regarding this matter.

Second hand info = a number of board members past and present and my crew chief. I am also ASKING for anyone to dispute what I am saying (its been quite).

I believe you could have been represented at the Board meeting.  I know it’s in Southern California, but because of the nature and history of the beast, that’s where most of the Board members reside.  I have brought two issues before the board in the last few years that have been decided in my favor.  I had evidence of what I believed to be the truth, and had people that were familiar with board procedures present my case(s).

Probably, with my sterling personality, I was better off not being there.  And after your complete recollection of what happened to you, without you being there to see and hear it, it’s possible that it might be beneficial for you to find someone to “champion” your cause.

We hear a lot about good ol’ boys.  As in any volunteer organization, there are a few that do most of the work, attend most of the meetings, head most of the committees.  It’s the same in Chamber of Commerces. Kiwanis, etc.  And they all have the good ol’ boys.  I’ve been around the SCTA for a few years and an SCTA club member for less than half that.  But, you know what? -- The same ol’ good ol’ boys are not the same ol’ good ‘ol boys.  There’s always a new crop -- doing the work and going to the meetings.  And there’s still a lot of folks that want to tell them how to run their business, but won’t take the time and effort to become a (temporary -- they all are) good ol’ boy.

Stan

My intent is not to garner support for a cause, I have basically thrown in the towel regarding 'appealing'. I was supported in my initial inquiry of appealing this, and maybe if I lived closer things would feel different about giving the appeal up. I also feel I shouldnt have to beg for the board to do/done the right thing (I keep going on about this....)

I dont know anything about the 'good ole boy' deal. I am sure there is some level of this but I dont know anything about it. The LAST thing I wanted to do is to come off like a well known anti SCTA spokesman like someone else we all know (FR) and drone on with mindless babble about how evil the SCTA is. I had an issue, I got f-ed, I opted to not to appeal for a number of reasons....its over. I could of appealed, maybe they would of reconsidered....but I choose not to appeal (<again feeling like I shouldnt have to).

-I dont know any 'bad' people on the board. I have liked everyone I have met or spoke to.....I dont know who it was that came after me. I hope for the best for them too (*they need it).

Ideally I would only like the acknowledgement from a board member publicly that things were.....well....ya know.  I wont hold my breath for this however. My vindication in some respects is the fact that I suspect NO board member past or present will acknowledge the inconsistencies and say so on this forum. Their lack of response speaks volumes......because, lets face it....if I was really guilty of all thing things they said I did, someone would say I was.
The reason I can accept this ban is my friends here, people (*not all but some) at large who read this, including some board members will know that my was not entirely deserved (or as harsh)....I am OK with that. I may not like being banned, but this is just how it rolls sometimes (like 15-20 times)<attempt of joke.

I am done discussing this or explaining things unless someone has any questions or comments worth answering. I have said what I needed to say, people read it including I suspect a few board members.  Again....I dont want to be in a prop category and I wont hold my breath for the SCTA to do the right thing.....but no hard feelings....and I will greet you all as friends. (*unless I find out who the SOB was that threw me under the bus) < another joke, I would hug him too).

Again.....

I am not saying I didnt mess up, I am NOT saying I dont deserve to be banned. While it was REALLY harsh I did make mistakes. The PROBLEM is that it wasnt just the 'mistakes' I was banned for.....it was the five hundred other items that were thrown on for good measure. The other stuff was crap....it was wrong, not fair and shouldnt of been presented as fact....because it wasnt.  AND DONT YOU DARE SAY MY BAN WAS JUST FOR THE COUPLE OF THINGS THEY 'KNOW' I DID. IF the other items brought to the table didnt matter they shouldnt of been said. PERIOD.

~JH

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:24:11 PM by Jonny Hotnuts »
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »
....My vindication in some respects is the fact that I suspect NO board member past or present will acknowledge the inconsistencies and say so on this forum. Their lack of response speaks volumes......

They never have and probably never will and they are totally right to take that direction.  Issues like this should be dealt with at SCTA meetings not on here, especially if you haven't exhausted that route.

I'm not saying what they did is right or wrong, but saying you should of gone there first and not expected this approach to produce any results. 

Look forward to seeing you race again at some point,

Sumner

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2014, 08:56:01 PM »
"it was the five hundred other items that were thrown on for good measure."

500? -- That's real credible.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2014, 09:13:25 PM »
1.A
TECHNICAL INSPECTION:
added new last paragraph
Under penalty of disqualification, expulsion or permanent ban, no modifications (additions, deletions, or changes)
are permitted to either vehicle equipment or driver/rider gear after passing Technical Inspection unless coordinated
with the Event Director and Chief Technical Inspector. This includes any changes in vehicle condition due to
breakdowns or failures, flat or damaged tires, spins, fires or any other reason. It is the entrant or driver/rider's
responsibility to resubmit the vehicle to tech inspection for approval of any changes

This rule
G

Okay, but this rule was not put into place until after JH's accident. 

If Jonny is being punished for a rule ex post facto, that is clearly unfair.

But is this new rule a reaction to Jonny's accident? 

Jon, I'm neither accusing you of being reckless, nor of building an unsafe vehicle.  Conversely, I'm not going to accept speculation as to possible motivations by others for what, on its face, seems to be an unusually stiff penalty.

If you indeed think you're being wronged, you owe it to yourself to challenge the decision.

A parallel -

I fight EVERY SINGLE SPEEDING TICKET I GET.  I've won ~75%.  2 of those tickets were 200 miles away from home.  None of them were an easy fight.

The moral?

You can't lose a loser!

But if you give up on yourself, you can't blame the cops.

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2014, 09:28:37 PM »
HN, why don't you put a copy of what was written in your Log book regarding the incident.That would help people understand.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah