Author Topic: Dirty laundry....  (Read 34578 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Dirty laundry....
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 10:51:22 PM »
You mean like BOOTLICKER ? ECT...ECT  :-o

JL222  LOL   YEP that is what I am a BOOTLICKER  but there are others who just might disagree with you!

lol   sorta like the old Jim Croche:  sp  song:
 about spiten into the wind and tugging on superman's cape 

This guy isn't interested in anything but trying to suck us in on his
"woe is me" BS and try to put the SCTA in a bad light!!

or he has NO IDEA of how things get done in the real world ---what he has done and is doing is only going to cause more grief----for himself and for other racers ----ie the new rule   

In todays POLITICAL climate this type of stuff could easily lead to none of us getting to race on "DRY LAKES"  wherever they may be
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 06:02:53 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 11:24:18 PM »
I think that Jim Croche song analogy is the very opposite of the point you were trying to make. Bad, Bad Leroy Brown got his ass kicked by the guy who was just trying to stand up for himself and his girl.

Unless you really are saying that everyone should just kowtow to the man and never question anything. SCTA is Bad Leroy Brown and racers should just supplicate themselves?

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 11:26:12 PM »
 :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2014, 11:47:20 PM »

I was a d- for airing this out. I apologize to all.

It doesnt matter if everything was correct in the investigation, the bigger picture is that there WERE things incorrect. If one thing was wrong it was still wrong. That is enough for me and it was my fault.

Slim....

If you could make this whole thread go away.....

I'll go hide my head for a while.

~JH

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2014, 12:36:55 AM »
JH, Please look how fast things come under control when we all can speak the same language :cheers:

This is an important issue SAFETY :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2014, 01:31:51 AM »
Sorry to hear about this Johnny, hope the time flies by and we see you on the salt soon.  5 years is an absolute joke IMO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2014, 07:07:19 AM »
JH  one of the things Lawyers learn---never ask a question that you do not know the answer to---.

I would never take anything to the board that either I hadn't off the record  had talks with members or had someone else  feel them out; and as someone  already has suggested.. 

What  with  the little quote:

"Make peace with the Pharisees, on the way to the Temple" says to me:

do your work before the "Board Meeting"

SCTA is a unique org.  several different clubs  each with a with a long and   
    Proud history that must continue to try to function as one.
   know how where you stand with each member
   work to identify and resolve as many issues as you can with each board     
   member privately.

My old car had " scta board meeting issues" that I had to work through. 

I wasn't banned but there were some that were advocating it.

Before I started my new car I "bootlicked"  as some may think:  by identifying areas of concern by different SCTA  members who are the go to guys for different parts of a car,  Some are on the board, some are not.

After doing all of that,  you are still going to have some issues with a new car until you and your new creation have a "track record"---how do the 2 of you perform out on the race track.

It smarts when your new baby is not loved by all,  that you are asked to address things that may not be in the rules.  I would rather have something I am asked to change  and have some negotiation room, than end up with a hard and fast rules. 

We racers have been living with "-------  and may be barred from further competition at the discretion of the SCTA CONTEST BOARD" for a long time---I have lived with the fear of what you are experiencing now.

This is what we will always live with,  or we will become NASCAR, NHRA or LEDGEND cars-----LONG LIVE THE CONTEST BOARD----learn to interact with the members.  I encourage you to get input on the construction of your new car, find your champions, learn what the "CAPE ISSUES" are for those who are your road blocks----- and ----TRY TO ADDRESS THEM.

If you work at opening doors and building bridges as you build your new car; when it is done,   what has been said and done in the past may have a chance to be water under the bridge and be forgiven and forgotten.

This assumes you have built a new car in less that 5 years and now have a need to petition the board for a reconsideration.

YMMV 

good luck and enjoy your build ---look forward to seeing you with it on the salt

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:51:10 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2014, 08:43:17 AM »
 :cheers:

Sparky,
Smoke Jumper over & out :cheers:

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2014, 09:55:02 AM »
If you work at opening doors and building bridges as you build your new car; when it is done,   what has been said and done in the past may have a chance to be water under the bridge and be forgiven and forgotten.

This assumes you have built a new car in less that 5 years and now have a need to petition the board for a reconsideration.

YMMV

good luck and enjoy your build ---look forward to seeing you with it on the salt

The big picture for me and the reason I brought this to this forum was it is in some respect me waving the white flag and giving up the appeal idea.
It took a long time to come to this but after long consideration and overwhelming circumstances I feel it isnt a fight but more so a defeat.

Most people involved with LSR came into it from a background of family or friends. Many of the people involved are members of clubs or have been involved long enough to have some history. I on the other hand started by myself and am not affiliated with any of the clubs....no clubs in Oregon that I know of.....

I have always had what I thought was a 'thick skin' but there was something about my situation that always really bothered (hurt) me. After my crash literally hundreds of people, many I had never met or heard of sent me a well wish on FB, PM, LR.COM, Email or other. Not one person from the SCTA representing themselves or themselves and the board took the time to say "that was a nasty crash, glad you are OK", or "On behalf of myself and the SCTA we are glad you are OK". Clearly this isnt a requirement but it would of been nice. Some of these people I have known for years. I know I shouldnt of been bothered by this, but I do ask myself if I was a board member and a person was involved in an incident, especially if I knew them....I would of taken the time.

I say this because this was another element that made me feel hopeless. Try and put yourselves in my shoes:

-Its just me, I have no club, no history, no one to go to (*except THIS forum).
-I feel the board doesnt care. I feel very abandoned by the majority. Some (not all) made me feel as if I was bothering them when trying to get the appeal going.
-I am a million miles away (figuratively) but clearly its not a situation where I am close. I might as well be a million miles away.
-I feel the board was really heavy handed and unfair about a number of accusations, like they wanted me gone. The grand scheme is that I feel they wanted me to go away.

"Make peace with the Pharisees, on the way to the Temple

It sounds nice, but I dont even know who the Pharisees is, how to make peace, what to make peace about and where I would need to go to make the peace. Its just me, only me against the entire SCTA in a long distance battle with overwhelming odds and no allies.

This all makes a guy feel like he was defeated before he had a chance to start.

~JH

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2014, 10:14:57 AM »

I'll go hide my head for a while.

~JH

Jonny, I really don't think you need to hide your head, and you're only defeated if you walk away.

I'll admit, I'm not up to speed on all the issues with your unfortunate event last August - I'm thankful to see you on your feet.

You shared quite a bit of what you did on the Fiat with us here, and you took your vision and created a unique and competitive vehicle.  You've come up with some tough solutions to incorporate rule changes and safety improvements into what I KNOW is an impossibly small vehicle to work on.

Go through the other build diaries and scroll backwards.  Take a look at all of the folks who start off with the highest hopes and sincerest intentions - and never got the project out of the garage.  If there are 100 builds started, only one makes it out. 

You're a 1 percenter - Be proud of that.

It's going to take a while to put together another car - we both know that. 

I'd get started on the next car, stay in touch with your tech folks in the SCTA, and build the fastest, safest car you know how.  It's probably going to take the better part of the 5 years, anyway.  Try to build some trust with them, and I think it's likely you'll see some reciprocity on their part.

Here's how I'm looking at it - When your cattle escape and eat the neighbors corn, it doesn't matter whose fence gave loose - the fence just needs to be mended - and it shouldn't stop you from raising cattle.

Chris Conrad

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2014, 10:50:32 AM »
Chris you get it ---but one still owes the guy for the  corn the cows ate--

JH,  Chris is correct---one can try to learn from ones mistakes  and go on with LIFE or hang dog,  woe is me, cry in your beer---the only ones that helps is the guys that write and sing "BEER JOINT BLUES"  C&W songs

--are you an aspiring singer?

other than some decent advice none of this helps you if you want to race again

MY advise --- STOP DIGGING--- the hole it is already 5 years deep
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:31:42 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »
JNuts, most of us here understand and feel your pain... read the whole thread again and don't ask for it to be erased... yes you may have Fiated up... none of us are privy to how bad the SCTA thinks it was... but....
I know the mistakes I made, they didn't cause my accident and neither did yours.  I will never race a car again without knowing the things I didn't investigate on our car... I will make changes in sequences, not physical changes in equipment sequences... I will never assume that a car that is going straight and requiring little driver input will keep doing that.  
Every run is an opportunity to crash or not... and everyone needs to think of it that way.
We took a cautious approach to racing the liner because we didn't build it from scratch.  We made changes every year to improve how it drove and had it to the point that Jon was going to jump in and drive the next pass.  So just remember any pass can go to Subaru.
Safety is paramount, the rulebook is trying to keep you safe, not inconvenience you, just because a car that has never displayed bad behavior does not mean under some conditions it wont.  
I agree with Sparky... open some dialog with the SCTA, discuss your issue as calmly as you can... go back to work on your new car, I'll bet you will get to race when it is ready.
Again glad you are back to your normal  :-D  :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:05:23 PM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »
Chris you get it ---but one still owes the guy for the  corn the cows ate--

I suspect that the ban is the payment - but I also suspect that once the fervor cools down, if handled properly, a tuition reduction request might fall upon more receptive ears.

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
depends on the activity----fabricating cars and building bridges  :-)

excavating and writing songs  :oops:

Offline jh333

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
Another aspect should be discussed. What do the rules say about or what is the process whan an Inspector or three make a mistake ? Do you ban them for 5 years, take away their inspection authority, put them up in front of the the board to be chastized.

We all know the inspectors look the other way at some cars with obivious rule infractions and get the microscope out for others.

Guess i'm up to 4 cents now .