Author Topic: Who is going to WF  (Read 6549 times)

Offline Rick Byrnes

Re: Who is going to WF
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »
Well, I finally have the new Hot Rod almost ready to go racing.  Glenys and I will leave Dearborn Saturday morning and hopefully arrive on the salt Monday afternoon or evening.
 It has been hot and heavy around hear and we can finally see the end in sight.  I tested on a chassis dyno (Paulshp.com) and proceeded to break the Jerico and have significantly less hp than we last had with the N/A motor in the Merkur.  BUT, this shakedown trip is necessary as we both need a salt and speed fix.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone that makes this meet.
 My cell phone is 313 3198544 and will be turned on most of the time so if anything happens like rain, snow etc etc. please someone call and let me know.  I am out of computer communication.  Lack of hardware and knowledge.
 Good luck to all on the trip.

Rick Byrnes
Rick

Offline Snail

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »
Is there a link to whats going on at the salt?  Will be leaving here Sunday night.  Arrive Wendover Mon. night, pits on Tuesday.

Team Elves trailer, white Dodge truck.  Blue and white Gix 1K, #692

Stop by and say 'howdy'.

Paul

Clay Taylor

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »
All - I'm fitting in a quick visit to the WF while on a business trip.  I can be in the SLC area for the 12th and 13th, flying out that afternoon for TX.  I'd have to leave Wendover by about 1pm to make it to the airport on time.

I have tried to find on-line a daily schedule for the World Finals, but evidently I haven't looked in the right places.

So - here's my question; will there be tech inspection on the 12th and salt runs starting on the 13th, or does nothing happpen before the morning of the 13th?   If that's the case, by what time should the runs start on the 13th?

Clay Taylor
 Moodus, CT

Tom M Shannon

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »
Clay;

Simply go to www.scta-bni.org   across the top, you'll see "event schedule". You'll find the World Finals sched. See 'ya on the salt.

Tom Shannon
 Magna, UT