Author Topic: Doc Jeffries Passes  (Read 3674 times)

landracing

Doc Jeffries Passes
« on: June 07, 2006, 02:46:23 AM »
Doc Jeffries passed away last week. He started the Bonneville Racing News paper. Also was a member of the 200 mph club...

Jon

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Doc Jeffries Passes
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 03:29:28 PM »
Very sad news -

with the BRN he gave us a home over the year to be update what's going at the dry lakes and at Bonneville, especially when you be so far away as I - in Germany.

I will miss him............
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
doc
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:05:46 PM »
I have known Doc for many years, a long time. He was a testy old guy at times but a racer as well. His paper Bonneville Racing News has been around for a long time. I have every issue. It was before e-mail and web sites like this that got the information out to the LSR world. Doc and Wendy have done a great job and I know Wendy will continue. Doc, thanks for your support.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Freud

Bonn Racing News
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 12:36:45 AM »
Besides having enjoyed BRN for racing coverage I want to thank Doc and Wendy for the marvelous support they provide for the Bonneville Northwest Reunion.

In the most recent issue Cris Shearer's article was published in it's entirety and that included many pictures. I was not at home when the issue arrived but during my trip to Southern California 3 people told me of the story.

That support is so appreciated and my Thanks and condolences go to Wendy. No need to say Thanks to Doc; he was reading over my shoulder as I wrote this.

FREUD
Since '63