Author Topic: Save the Salt school project  (Read 1890 times)

Offline AJR192

Save the Salt school project
« on: April 09, 2013, 01:03:40 AM »
My son's 5th grade class has been assigned a project.  They need to write our Congressman about any issue they feel is important. When he came home today and asked what he should write about, the first thing that came to mind was Save the Salt. He is going to tell his teacher tomorrow that is his subject. Maybe a Congressman getting a letter from an 11 year old telling him to please do something to protect the Salt Flats so he will be able to take his children there when he is my age will get the cogs turning. If anyone else has a school age kid they might consider writing their Congressman or Senator. Maybe our kids can enact the changes that we seem not to be able to.

Offline Frankie7799

Re: Save the Salt school project
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:26:34 AM »
Awesome idea!

Offline AJR192

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:00:12 PM »
If anyone has any links or information that my son can send along with his letter, please let me know. His rough draft has the history of the salt loss from the StS website. But I would like this to really stand out to our Congressman. His letter does not need to be turned in for 2 weeks so there is a little time to get a really dynamite letter/presentation put together. Thanks.

Offline Schruiber

• Granite Falls High School Eco Car Teams
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 11:31:31 PM »
AJR192   in 2011 with the help of some very seasoned land racers I took a group of High School students and their car to World of Speed. Besides the part of alternative diesel and aerodynamic testing we had a large group of 6th graders come from SLC to meet and greet the team, have a Q&A and photo op.
As part of that and an ongoing message we carry the Save-the-Salt sticker on the car. See more at:
http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,9292.75.html

A big part of our HS eco car program is educational outreach to Elementary and Middle School - see our website: 
http://live.gfalls.wednet.edu/ecoteams/

Perhaps your youngster can find something for his letter/message among it.

Michael
T-2011 - Granite Falls HS UrbanAutos Diesel - 31.16668MPH over the measured mile  at WoS 2011.

Offline Mac

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 12:40:52 AM »
AJR192 - Please have your son send me what he has. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

I look forward to working with him.

Miriam Macmillan
BNI Chairman
Secretary - Save the Salt
miriammacmillan@me.com