Author Topic: Out goes BARF1 incomes Hoinda Racing  (Read 3334 times)

Offline Malcolm UK

Out goes BARF1 incomes Hoinda Racing
« on: May 31, 2006, 03:22:31 PM »
According to the UK Motorsport Press, who consider Honda Racing a British F1 team, the Bonneville F1 speed record attempt will take place this year.

Early starters to the salt season, the dates given are July 16 to 21 for the bid to go over 400kph (248 mph) on the Bonneville salt flats.

Driver stays the same - Alan van der Merwe as does the target speed.

No mention of the engine specification for 2006.  So it may be an out of date V10 model or it could be a high revving 2.5 litre V8.  Have to check the website.

Just thought you should know.
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Actually
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »
We do.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 10:09:18 AM »
Hey JackD - I know that "knowledge may be power" but you could have let us in the UK know - even if the 'event' is to be behind closed doors.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
ACTUALLY
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 10:49:11 AM »
The attempt is part of the Public Documented BLM Permit use for the salt available to interested parties.
Publicity beyond that is their cup of tea or sour milk if it is indicated.. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:58:11 AM »
Humour me JackD ........ when I look at the BLM Utah events list it only states the rocket launch and the four major activities - Speedweek, Bub Meet, WoS and World Finals for Bonnevile SF.  Where are these others made public?  Or is it a case that you are circulated as a consultee?

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
FIND OUT AND ABOUT
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 12:19:24 PM »
I make it my business to find out and that helps to do a better job.
Permit applications require a description of the activity and often a sketch of the limits of the area used.
Multiple uses might be allowed if the potential conflicts are easily identified and resolved.
I did an LSR event that was compromised by a commercial shoot.
 The BLM person made a decision that was based on bad information from another party.
Our extra cost and delay were made up in part by the BLM and the commercial producer.
Turf wars still exist and the cavalier attitude of some will be suitably rewarded.
 That won't happen again I hope.

Offline EVLEE

• http://www.metroevents.com/jordaneng/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 02:08:12 PM »
I am guessing that they are not building a new car for this attempt and will use the same car and a V10 that was in it at the time.I wonder why they have a driver that is not from Japan. They are basically giving engines to a new team in F1 to keep Takuma Sato in F1 !!
 they MAKE A LOT OF HONDA'S just down the road form me and I would have put an American in the car!!
                                                       Lee

Offline EVLEE

• http://www.metroevents.com/jordaneng/index.htm
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »
:lol:  I just noticed that it says" BARF"1 :lol: