Author Topic: El Mirage Protest Upheld  (Read 27933 times)

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2006, 03:56:01 PM »
Sell Colorado Tacos Assoc.?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Bob Jr.

El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2006, 07:21:49 PM »
Quote from: panic
The more of this I read, the lower my interest in throwing more money down the rat-hole to complete my current project becomes.

This is a smal group that is venting don't take it all the whole group.....
 :P
Bob Sights Jr.

"Speed is no object price is the problem"

Gear Grinder

624 G/BSTR 171.173 El Mirage

627 H/BFMR Bville 176.787, H/BGMR Bville 181.089 G/BFMR El Mirage 180.10, G/BGMR El Mirage 187.534

"Worlds fastest to the cooler of beer"

landracing

El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2006, 09:07:48 PM »
Quote from: Bob Jr.

This is a smal group that is venting don't take it all the whole group.....
 :P

Bob Jr is right, dont let the board or an isolated incident stop your progress... This was one incident that likely wont happen again.... Or Less likely to happen... Mistakes are going to be made, but the real lesson is what they do to not let it happen again...

Keep driving forward on your project we all hope to see it on the salt....

Jon

Offline joea

El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2006, 09:41:59 PM »
same for the sanctioning body................

its a small group that is trying to do the best
it can........dont take it out on the whole lsr community...........

Panic, that was a great question you asked.............

Joe

Offline Bob Jr.

food
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2006, 10:19:41 AM »
Quote from: Nortonist 592

:D  :D  Are you guys going to have a stand @ speed week???
Bob Sights Jr.

"Speed is no object price is the problem"

Gear Grinder

624 G/BSTR 171.173 El Mirage

627 H/BFMR Bville 176.787, H/BGMR Bville 181.089 G/BFMR El Mirage 180.10, G/BGMR El Mirage 187.534

"Worlds fastest to the cooler of beer"

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: food
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2006, 10:24:14 AM »
Quote from: Bob Jr.
Quote from: Nortonist 592

:D  :D  Are you guys going to have a stand @ speed week???

It goes without saying that "MONEY IS OUR MOST IMPORTANT PRODUCT."
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

JohnR

El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2006, 03:29:38 PM »
This horse is dead. It's been beat to a bloody pulp, then into a fine meal, then into a powder and it blew away 4 days ago.

At the meeting this whole thing was presented, as well as the fact that the vehicle was just here for a shakedown for Bonneville and was not planning on running anymore at El Mirage, certinly not for the points championship. The only reason the protest was files was because they THOUGHT it broke the record but after the protest was filed it turned out that it did not even break the record, but, once filed it's official.

It was clearly seen as a bad situation at the meeting, it was presented as such (a lose-lose if I ever saw one) and the easiest way out was to uphold the protest, give the protestor back his $100 and dock the entrant the points, which had no value to him anyway. Everybody got out clean and when the car runs on the salt everything will be OK. Nobody was harmed!

Then it goes on the internet and poeple start second guessing, accusing, questioning thier commitment to finish their own personal project, franklin starts emailing his opinions about it to everyone etc...

blah blah blah......

And you wonder why those that have to make the hard decisions don't want everything "discussed" on the net. I sure wouldn't.

As I said before, this horse is dead, put the stick down and back away....

John out...

Offline Bob Drury

El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2006, 04:53:32 PM »
John, isn't this better than talking behind each others backs?  Just what the hell do you think this site is here for, to talk about the weather?  Go find another sand box..............
Bob Drury

Offline joea

El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2006, 05:04:58 PM »
explain to me how at the end of the day, more people being better informed is a a bad thing....................

Joe

and I like/enjoy all the input I see, and what i dont see,
its all very enlightening............

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Well I guess
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2006, 09:10:26 PM »
May I be allowed to ask how and when he was notified ?
If I ask him in a phone call then who else will learn from it ?
What is likely to happen next time ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline desotoman

El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2006, 11:35:04 PM »
John R. you are 110% correct.  :)  :)  I was at the board meeting also when this was discussed. There was no secret handshakes, no winking of the eyes, no playing footsies, no people going outside to discuss anything, no burning of the feet etc.  Dan Warner presented it and it was business like usual, subject was discussed, and taken care of. End of story.

I am a firm believer that everyone should be on a need to know basis. When they have a question regarding their car, and they need to know the answer, they ask the right people to answer their question. But WE must remember WE are all human and sometimes WE make mistakes. Mistakes are never intended to happen, but as long as WE are humans, they will be a part of life.

Bob D. don't go running John R. off now ya hear. He is one of our younger members, and he will be running the SCTA when we are senile and in diapers,  :P  and still talking about tires, which they quit using 10 years ago. :wink:
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

JohnR

El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2006, 12:00:41 AM »
Quote from: joea
explain to me how at the end of the day, more people being better informed is a a bad thing....................

Joe

and I like/enjoy all the input I see, and what i dont see,
its all very enlightening............

Better informed = good thing
Misinformed = bad thing

Reread this whole thread again and I think you will agree it misinforming (is that a word?) But, if you guys want to keep beating this thing into the ground, go ahead. In fact, I see a spec of the horse over there...

whack...

whack...

whack...

There, that will show him... :o

JohnR

El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2006, 12:03:40 AM »
Quote from: desotoman
John R. you are 110% correct.  :)  :)  I was at the board meeting also when this was discussed. There was no secret handshakes, no winking of the eyes, no playing footsies, no people going outside to discuss anything, no burning of the feet etc.  Dan Warner presented it and it was business like usual, subject was discussed, and taken care of. End of story.

Careful there Tom, talk like that might get you tarred and feathered! Don't ya know it's a conspiracy!!!

whomp whomp whomp.....

whats that?????

oh nuthin, just that blasted black helicopter again, it's always circling my house.....:o

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
El Mirage Protest Upheld
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2006, 01:06:11 AM »
What!!!!  No more flogging dead horses??  I guess that means I'll have to get the bike ready for next Sunday and flog it instead.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
P.E.T.A.
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2006, 09:29:20 AM »
People for the Ethical Treatment of All might be concerned about the Cavalier attitude and lack of appropriate communication when the horse is so sick.
Often that posture will result in the death of the horse.
Continuing to beat it will result in increased concern.
Everyone has an opinion but they are all working on the same facts that don't always support the opinion.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves."