Author Topic: Layout of the salt flats  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Bjohnny

• New folks
Layout of the salt flats
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »
Are there any kind of "maps" posted anywhere of where to park, walk, etc., for the newbies ? See ya in a few days !

Offline NathanStewart

Re: Layout of the salt flats
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »
Yes, they have them for you as you get to lands end and drive out onto the salt.  PLEASE please please be mindful of the areas that say "no parking".  The area immediately east of tech/registration get's extremely clogged up apparently because people choose to ignore the no parking signs.  I guess some people think that if one person does it then it's okay for them to do it to. 

If you're one of those people and you're reading this.... GO PARK SOMEWHERE ELSE!  You have mile and miles and miles of endless salt yet you choose to park right in the middle of the main pits entry/exit.  I'm surprised there hasn't been an accident there yet.

Anyways, sorry for the rant.  I hope you enjoy your time on the salt.  Come to rookie orientation if you want to be less newb.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Bjohnny

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:32:04 AM »
Thanks for the info ! Looking forward to a new experience along with the Grandson who is a 16 year old gearhead!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »
Bj, that is really good advice from one of our "kingpin's" out there. Attend the drivers/crew meeting & go to rookie orientation with Nathan. It's a good experience for a visiter that will up the pay out of your trip.
ps, be forewarned, this white stuff is very addictive.  :evil:
  Sid.