Author Topic: In front of my house  (Read 10982 times)

Offline RichFox

In front of my house
« on: March 31, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »
I tried to give somebody a good deal on a used Vega here. I also tried and tried to move a low miliage Lark. No takers. So here is a last look before they sail off to Austrailia. Don't say I didn't try.

Offline sodbuster

Re: In front of my house
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 05:11:38 PM »
Sad.......I wish that I had the coin......I watched it and we tried to figure out some stuff "coin wise".....Oh well.
A Devil with A Hammer & Hell with A Torch

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 05:20:37 PM »
Rich, you're probably the only man in America to have exported a Chevy Vega overseas in the 21st century.  I congratulate you on that improbable achievement - it speaks to either your skills as a builder, or possibly your skills as a con artist . . . :-D

As for the Stude, promise us it went to a good home.   :cry:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »
  Don't look at me, I am three deep in 53 Stude's..........  :-P
                                     Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Tman

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »
Rich, you went above and beyond. You loaned the car out. Offered it up after they were done with it just to see it run again to many of us here and on the HAMB. Nothing to feel bad about! I am sure they both will go onto make history downunder.  :cheers:

Offline Jon

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 10:53:30 PM »
Your talking us up Rich, couldn't get any takers so I sent it down to the bl00dy convicts :)

Hopefully it says many good years on the salt.

jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline fastman614

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 02:32:05 AM »
From someone who is a big time partner in a record holding Chevy Vega (Original Fastguys B/CGAlt & B/CFAlt 245.329mph and 254.153mph respectively) I even put in a plug or two for your Vega on this site!!!!... I figure that at any time, a Vega with about 77% of the frontal area of pre 82 Camaro/Firebird & about 3% less frontal area than a Monza and ALL of them having virtually identical Cd numbers, the Vega will at any time, with all other things being equal, go faster....

If it is going to Australia .... well.... so be it.... I just hope it gets WELL TAKEN CARE OF!!!!!!

As for the Studebaker Lark.... I apologize but I was never a big fan of them.... they are getting rare though... and I do hope it also goes to a good home.
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »
Your talking us up Rich, couldn't get any takers so I sent it down to the bl00dy convicts :)

jon
I like that line. "so I sent it down to the bloody convicts" I am going to use that.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »

jon
I like that line. "so I sent it down to the bloody convicts" I am going to use that.

At least it didn't go to England - Where do you think all of those "bloody convicts" came from?
I've got a bit of their handiwork out in the garage - and some of it is criminal . . .
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline fastman614

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 01:58:31 AM »
Well.... the truth is that they may have been convicts but were regarded more as troublemakers than criminals...

So, can you just imagine some "highbrow" British Lord (or whatever) saying to the effect,"We'll bloody well show you! We're going to send you to a place where the sun shines year 'round and it is also very warm!.... You're going to be sorry!".... and when the "prison" sentences were up, the authorities announced that "You may now return to England!".... AND NOBODY WENT BACK TO ENGLAND!

and that is really why, to this day, Australians refer to the English as POME's (Prisoners Of Mother England)... as the REAL prisoners were NOT on the list to be sent to where it was/is sunny and warm!....

I gotta LOVE my (in Bert Munro's words) "fellow Loyal Subjects Of The Queen!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
Thanks for the history lesson!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline RichFox

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
I have only been to Melbourne once and it rained for the whole week. So much for sun all the time.

Offline Jon

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »
Surprised it rained the whole week, Melbourne has been known to have 4 seasons in one day.

The flipside is I went to the Uk for 4 days for work, bought an umbrella and took a rain jacket, beutiful weather.....

cheers
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline fastman614

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »
Jon... and one week I was in the Los Angeles area and it was rainy the whole time I was there....

Offline RichFox

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 08:04:01 PM »
One year i was at Ft. Lewis and it seemed like it rained every day. I remember going to the 4th of July drags and being rained out. Maybe it's just me.