Author Topic: Streamliner project  (Read 4625 times)

Offline JoeBlystfk

• Bonneville 2012 City of Burbank Streamliner 60 years
Streamliner project
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:17:12 PM »
We are progressing on our quest to replicate the City of Burbank Steamliner. I am asking that any tech inspector types that might be in Indy during May, or anytime for that matter, give me a holler and stop by to look over the project. It would be nice to get a "keep up the good work" or a "yo that won't work" before we get ourselves in trouble.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
Re: Streamliner project
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:36:11 PM »
JoeB:

Just throw some pictures up, the more detail the better and you will get a screen full of opinions. There is not much that stumps these guys. Well everything stumps me but I am speaking of the other folks on this forum with years of experience.

Good luck with the build.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline JoeBlystfk

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 09:34:11 PM »
We are working on the roll cage now. All of our work is on the FB page under Hill Davis. I will have to compress some photos to post them here.

Offline JoeBlystfk

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 01:38:02 PM »
Here are two photos showing what we are doing with the roll cage.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »
Joe,
I take it from the photos of the cage construction that you are planning to run this car? What are you planning for a motor?

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline JoeBlystfk

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 02:59:29 PM »
Yes we are and the cage construction is one of the issues we are concerned about. This car will use a flatmotor. A  304 cu in Merc from Willie Davis's roadster of back in the day. The original CT motor is in Speedy Bills museum in Nebraska.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
Cooool, been to Speedy Bills, lot of stuf, not enough time.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
Speedy Bill's is top ten must do, go out of your way, bucket list item!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline JeePy

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 09:12:33 PM »
These flat head V8 look great .. Nice project

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
I know that this is a bit of "nit picken" but on the photo of the liner and engine from Speedy Bills museum it says the engine was by "Glen" Tebow and Don Clark actually Tebow's first name was Clem. I had a very close friend of mine, Harry Haggard, that ran with Clark and Tebow when they went 162 in a 32 roadster with an Ardun head flat motor on fuel. I think Harry owned the roadster.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Tman

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 03:09:45 PM »
It is great to see that you guys are actually building a car to run and not just a static piece! maybe we could get Dan warner involved about a "classic streamliner" class!? :-D

Offline JoeBlystfk

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 03:28:53 PM »
I know that this is a bit of "nit picken" but on the photo of the liner and engine from Speedy Bills museum it says the engine was by "Glen" Tebow and Don Clark actually Tebow's first name was Clem. I had a very close friend of mine, Harry Haggard, that ran with Clark and Tebow when they went 162 in a 32 roadster with an Ardun head flat motor on fuel. I think Harry owned the roadster.

Rex

You are absolutley correct it was Clem. The design was bought from Kenny Adams and Rudy Moeller. Speedy's info also says that the engine ran until 55 which is not correct. They used Tony Capana Dodge/Desoto motors in 55 and 54 as well, if I am not mistaken. So its up to us to keep the records straight.

Offline JoeBlystfk

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 03:30:23 PM »
It is great to see that you guys are actually building a car to run and not just a static piece! maybe we could get Dan warner involved about a "classic streamliner" class!? :-D

That is the idea anyway. It can be ticky to incorporate all the new safety gear into an old design. I know Dan is aware of the project.

Offline Tman

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 03:45:04 PM »

That is the idea anyway. It can be ticky to incorporate all the new safety gear into an old design. I know Dan is aware of the project.

That was just me stirring the pot :-P

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »

Rex

Rex, aka Eagle Eye, I went back and looked at the placard on the motor and it says Clem.  :cheers:

I'm sure they would correct this if notified by one of youse historians: museumofamericanspeed@gmail.com

Found a left side engine shot, too!  :lol:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz