Author Topic: Diesel Lakester Class  (Read 31889 times)

McRat

Re: Diesel Lakester Class
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2012, 03:01:44 PM »
Apparently the contact at Shell (they brew LM24, the racing diesel used by the professional roadrace teams), is Terry Murray.  I have no other contact info for him anymore, but do know that he's the guy as of 2012.

Offline bak189

« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »
Don't know for sure....but Rick also is the official fuel supplier for the BUB.....
where we race diesel M/C's....he may well have diesel race fuel already on his truck......let us know......Diesel powered sidecar...Maybe......?
Question authority.....always

Offline Dmax65

« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2012, 07:16:12 PM »
I spoke with Rick last week. He has three grades of diesel race fuel available and is willing to supply it as long as SCTA approves the use of the race fuel as "Event Fuel". In the past the deal was for #2 only. Dan Warner has agreed to bring it up at the next meeting and try and get approval for a race grade diesel to be accepted and offered. Should the motion pass, all diesel participants wanting to use the race fuel would be required to contact Rick and pre-order their race fuel so he can get enough in. Right now we are waiting on a decision by SCTA at the next meeting before we can make any further plans.
Curtis

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2012, 11:28:57 PM »
I don't have my 12 book yet, but the 11 book under EVENT GASOLINE on page 18 says if there is an event gas or diesel that it must be used for record runs. 
So if the board selects Rick's diesel as an event fuel will all diesels be required to use it, even if they don't want to?  Racing may get $10 a gallon more expensive for you diesel guys....
Hope to have a 12 book soon....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Dmax65

« Reply #139 on: February 29, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »
Rick would still have #2 available for those who wish to run it. Performance diesel would be available for those who want to step it up. This way we can also dyno and calibrate to a known performance fuel rather than just rolling the dice when we get there. It would be nice to have SCTA on board with this as there are several of us out there that are limited in performance by the speed at which we can burn the #2. Will be much cheaper in the long run to not be burning engines down even if it is 10 bucks a gallon. We don't use nearly as much per run as the spark plug guys.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #140 on: February 29, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »
Dmax, you're Curtis, right?  How 'bout going to your profile page and entering your location so that everybody knows where you are?  If they knew you were in Sheboygan (or wherever) they might have a very different attitude. :evil: :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #141 on: February 29, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
Rick would still have #2 available for those who wish to run it. Performance diesel would be available for those who want to step it up. This way we can also dyno and calibrate to a known performance fuel rather than just rolling the dice when we get there. It would be nice to have SCTA on board with this as there are several of us out there that are limited in performance by the speed at which we can burn the #2. Will be much cheaper in the long run to not be burning engines down even if it is 10 bucks a gallon. We don't use nearly as much per run as the spark plug guys.

I have a question. What is this performance diesel you speak of? Is it a better grade of #2 or is it #1?

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #142 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39:32 AM »
Trent, This is the spec sheet for Shell racing diesel.  I would would assume that ERC would be very similar, and knowing Rick it will exceed it.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Tman

« Reply #143 on: February 29, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »
Trent, This is the spec sheet for Shell racing diesel.  I would would assume that ERC would be very similar, and knowing Rick it will exceed it.  Tony

Looks like a really clean #1. Thanks for the specs.