Author Topic: Have an Engine? I have the ready to race car! Let's Race  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Avanti Dan

• Going to Bonneville to fill my Bucket List item #4
Have an Engine? I have the ready to race car! Let's Race
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:08:24 PM »
If you have or have had a land speed engine sitting around waiting for a car to put it in I might have a solution. I have on loan the former Burke Bros Avanti. This car has a 40+ year racing history at El Mirage, Muroc and Bonneville. With over 30 recorded land speed records this car is a proven performer. Seven members of the 2 Club got there in this car. The car has gone 252 mph twice. It runs in the Classic Altered classes. The car is race ready but without an engine at this time (our rookie melted it down at World of Speed). It will accept any brand of engine but set most of it's records with a Hemi. The car is certified and has all of the required safety equipment. If it goes over 250 will have to add another chute and deck lid is set up for two.

So what's say we get together and talk about taking your engine and putting it in the car and go racing in August. Drop me a PM if you want to explore this futher.
Dan
Bucket List Dreamer