Author Topic: Thank you to all those who were on the salt!  (Read 2071 times)

Kay

Thank you to all those who were on the salt!
« on: August 22, 2004, 06:44:00 PM »
Hi.  I just got registered here 'coz I wanted to thank all of you who were there at the Bonneville Speed Week that just ended.

It was my first entry as a participant and I had a great time.  Lots of fun, lots of kindness given, made lots of great friends and on the last day, had lots of tears....

I will never forget the experience and will try to come back, of course with my Z-car.

I could not hit the speed I was hoping to run at, but now thinking back, safe and sound in my house in Tokyo, I can only think "hey, so what?  I had such a great time and that is all that mattered!"

But I do wish to go back, if not to break the current record, just to meet up with the great friends I made.

Thank you again to all of you.  Hope to see you next year (if I can save enough money!!).

Kay with the #1380 380Z-car.

landracing

Re: Thank you to all those who were on the salt!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »
We sure loved that you came over, and wish that you will come back soon. Enjoyed our time that we spent talking....

Jon

Offline WZ JUNK

Re: Thank you to all those who were on the salt!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »
Thanks to you Jon and this board we were able to accomplish all of objectives and we had a great time on the salt.  I was glad that I got to meet you.  We are making plans for next year.  1FATGMC did a wonderful job of documenting our runs and our experiences and it is posted at  http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/temp-pictures/hooley-2004.html
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.