Author Topic: Bonneville or Bust  (Read 2899 times)

Offline vintage racer

• 414B 350cc 1941 Indian 106.001
    • IversenOriginals.com
Bonneville or Bust
« on: August 10, 2011, 12:09:50 PM »
Hey everyone! There are some of us unlucky folks (me included,Jill, bike 414B 1941 Indian) that are not making the trip to the salt. We'll spend the week glued to a computer monitor looking for updates. With that in mind, I have offered to post info for some friends heading to the salt through phone call updates. I just heard from one of the first. Heading out this morning is Jeff Strachan-My Three Son's Racing:
"It's early in the morning here in Iowa, and we're headed to the salt to have fun and see old friends and make some new ones too. I'll keep you posted on our westbound journey. Thanks for posting the info and Have a GREAT DAY! My 3 Sons westbound!!!!!"

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
Re: Bonneville or Bust
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
Alas, but I also will have to live vicariously thri Jon, yourself and the others on the "web"....Already starting now to acquire enough funds for a "positivly" next year!!! ll you all,,,,,,,,have a good, fast, safe tinme!  I watchin' ya!       Crow.  LFFL
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline vintage racer

• IversenOriginals.com
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 05:08:44 PM »
Just a bit of information from Three Sons Racing:
Westbound at Hampton, Nebraska. Here's a bit about us. Dad's a hot rodder from way back. Some of my best memories are building my T Bucket in 8th grade. So cool to be welding and painting by the time I was 12 or 13 years old. Now I'm 52 years young. Dad just turned 73, Jeamie is 47 and David is 35. We spectated in 2009. Dad bought the car from Rodwell later that year and freshened up a bunch of things. Last year was our rookie year and then myself (Jeff), Jeamie and David each got our D licenses and then David ran to get his C and the engine blew as he passed through the 3 mile mark. Still made a safe pass. Now several $ and 700HP later, we're ready to go again. Dad (Dan) runs 1st this year and we hope to make many passes and go 2 this year. Can't thank dad and my brothers for all that they've done to make this happen again in 2011. I'm the oldest brother and live 800 miles away in Ohio, so I've not been much help at all in putting the car back together other than some welding and lot's of love and moral support. Fortunately we all have understanding spouses. There's much worse things to do, and hey you only go round once, so grab all you can and do it!!!! More later....
Sent from Jeff Strachan's Blackberry

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
Right now we are BUST! Tractor has a burned piston and sits at the Volvo Dealer in Nashville. We are working to rent anpother tractor through Penske...but of course they cant take a credit card but must have a cashier's check...which does not make sense in today's world. It will delay us a day but not stop us. If it was easy...

Good luck!

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline vintage racer

• IversenOriginals.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »
Good luck Bill! You're right, if it was easy we'd all be on our way instead of cussing parts and rebuilding. Hope you get the rental figured out.
Jeff Strachan reports they are 85 miles East of Salt Lake and heading to Mecca. His father is looking forward to the first run on Saturday with his three sons following with runs of their own. Car #932

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 01:16:27 AM »
Vintage, Thanks the truck is a few hours out, should be here around 1 am Bonneville time.

I hope to come out here with my boys someday...they are ten.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 04:22:26 PM »
I wish I was there too (my first time) but I'll have to sit this one out in dear old England. Just finished a 12 hour (no breaks) session rebuilding my 1942 Indian 500AVG for 2012. Started rebuilding the motor last February, and all that kept me going was the thought of the salt. My mate Moen from Denmark sent me a small bag of it & it sits in my workshop. I've already saved the money to ship the bike over with my mate OZ and a few more from the UK next year. This topic has cheered me up. I'm not alone :lol:
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge.

Offline vintage racer

• IversenOriginals.com
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »
I run a 500cc Indian myself. (displacement puts me in 350cc/SCTA) Welcome to the family and I hope we can meet on the salt next year. I'm also missing this year, doing the same as you, rebuilding. I've been running a bone-stock motor for three years and it's pretty tired. Keep in touch.