Author Topic: We are ready for Bonnevile(videos inside)  (Read 2392 times)

Offline biglady112

We are ready for Bonnevile(videos inside)
« on: July 30, 2011, 01:31:49 AM »
We took Retribution to the dyno today to give Nick his baseline. I was wanting to get a little crazy for a change and see what we could do with the car. But once we worked through our issues Nick decided to send the car to Utah on wastegate pressure and turn it up there.

We rebuilt the throttle body this morning and first pull blew off the upper intercooler coupler that we did not put back on correctly. This year Nick has two water/air intercoolers. He has gone v-band on the whole system except right off the turbo and at the throttle body. He has plans on making the lower hose a v-band, or at least a better solution. We blew the lower hose off on like 7 runs today. But we did have a few were it stayed together and we could make full pulls.

But things went very well. Aside from blowing couplers off all day.

With the boost set as low as we could(wastegate pressure) we were sitting at 24psi on the nose today. We made 577whp corrected and in the 470's uncorrected at altitude. This is with our super safe and conservative Salt tune that most guys would not want in their car. Our EGT's on the 577whp ended at 1390*. We usually run 1420-1450* for our spread across the cylinders. We decided to leave it a tick rich for Nick as I will not be attending Speed Week, but he can call and email the logs and we can make adjustments on the fly for him.

This is the first year Nick is truly ready to run the car flat out. It made more power than the car ever has, and at a very low boost. If things go well it will end up with at least 35psi in it after Utah. If the car comes home in one piece and he is able to turn the boost up without issue, he plans on strapping it down again to see what a record setting run might equate to in power.

And things went well for the first true test for his new pavement BF Goodrich tires. They handled 170mph today on the dyno without any issue.

I am confident if this car was a drag car with a leaner mixture and more aggressive timing, 600whp would have been achieved at 24psi.

Enjoy the videos, and wish us good luck in making some serious noise with this car this year.

Our turbo of choice-
Holset HX52

Videos below-
http://www.retributionlsr.com/4663pictures/index.php?album=dyno-7-29-11

More info on the car-
http://www.retributionlsr.com
1947 Dodge Pickup

Offline revolutionary

Re: We are ready for Bonnevile(videos inside)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 07:12:22 PM »
cool   :-D
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »
I'm not sure what I'm looking at -- but -- 10 miles on the salt may be a little harder to come by.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline biglady112

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 11:19:29 PM »
This is a seasoned car. So I am not sure what you are even getting at. This is the fourth year to bonneville. The video is clear enough to see a car making a lot of noise and power.
1947 Dodge Pickup

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 11:40:22 PM »
You're obviously pumped up mate, good for you. It's not all over till the biglady sings.
  Sid.

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 09:40:57 PM »
Your car on the chassis dyno is looking great, can't wait to hear your results on the salt, good luck and be safe, Dave
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine