Author Topic: Leslie steps down as pilot of North American Eagle..  (Read 19469 times)

Offline fastman614

Re: Leslie steps down as pilot of North American Eagle..
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 01:25:06 AM »
Wow! They sure sugar coated it about Valerie running the BMW at Bubs last year on illegal fuel didn't they!!!

Making the best of a "less than optimal" situation. You gotta hand it to her.  :-D

It's only cheating if you try to go through record certification after running illegal anything.... although, at Bonneville, there is the first place trophy issue....
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline sabat

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »
The BUB 2011 thread contains a lot of interesting reporting.

Offline fastman614

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 12:07:49 PM »
Being that I am no longer involved in motorcycle LSR, I don't follow much about it and I have never looked at the BUB thread until you mentioned that there was info contained on there regarding the funky fuel situation...

I see there is at least one comment about an AMA official not being too interested in doing the certification and a comment by an SCTA/BNI official regarding not recognizing AMA records for the 200 MPH Club due ti that "AMA" attitude....

It brings back recollections of why SCTA/BNI "kicked" the AMA out of anything to do with Speedweek after Earl Flanders and his haughty, high-handed manner of dealing with us away back in the day... my brother Steve and I were asked to help set up the inspection and certification program in 1979 and later... I, for one, welcomed the absence of Earl and the AMA from that point onwards!

So, it looks like - 30 odd years later - nothing with the AMA has changed.....
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.