Author Topic: There's a story behind my "retirement"...  (Read 4650 times)

Offline jl222

Re: There's a story behind my "retirement"...
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2023, 09:07:43 PM »
To all BNI members: If you would like to reinstate Jon to the position of announcing live coverage of Speed Week, here is the contact information for the people who "retired" him.
Send them a message that you are not happy with their decision on his forced "retirement".
There is a Marketing and Promotion person who should also be included since Jon would fall under that heading.

Tom G.

Tom......where did you find the info that shows how each of the board members voted?
  Making sure before confronting.

JL222

« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 09:09:30 PM by jl222 »

Offline will6er

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2023, 11:46:26 PM »
"Confronting" will only harden a NO vote and cause resentment for a YES vote.
Express your disappointment for the decision and emphasize your support for Slim.

Will Willis
6302 XO/GC

Offline jl222

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2023, 12:47:55 AM »
"Confronting" will only harden a NO vote and cause resentment for a YES vote.
Express your disappointment for the decision and emphasize your support for Slim.

Will Willis
6302 XO/GC

You do that. AND if you noticed there has been a hard vote.

but I want to know why from the source and which way they did vote.

Maybe they all didn't vote against Slim. Ever thought about that?

JL222

« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 01:00:16 AM by jl222 »

Offline gowing

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2023, 10:30:49 AM »
I say.... Screw 'Em if they don't want your help.
Come race with us at BMST.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2023, 12:01:17 PM »

" Tom......where did you find the info that shows how each of the board members voted?
  Making sure before confronting."

JL222

Good Morning John,

I never said I knew how the board individually voted, because I don't know.  If you are a member of an organization you can contact the secretary and ask for the minutes of that meeting and they should reply and give them to you.  In general I have been told the correct way to address the board of any organization is to send, letter, emails or, to the President and CC the remaining board. When that is done I have been told there is less likely to be miss communication between the board members.

I suggest refreshing ones memory by going back to the first two pages of this topic as there is a lot of information on this subject to digest.

For general information, I do not have a facebook account, but sometimes they allow me to look at some sites for a few minutes. And low and behold this is one of the reasons I will not join. At the very bottom of the "Jon's Retirement comments" it states "Most Relevant is selected, so some comments may have been filtered out."  More food for thought after re reading the first two pages. As one comment was "SCTA removed your reply from their post. Gone." 

Tom G.

PS. Added "individually" to first sentence for clarification.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 12:54:20 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline jl222

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2023, 12:24:02 PM »
To all BNI members: If you would like to reinstate Jon to the position of announcing live coverage of Speed Week, here is the contact information for the people who "retired" him.
Send them a message that you are not happy with their decision on his forced "retirement".
There is a Marketing and Promotion person who should also be included since Jon would fall under that heading.

Tom G.

So,,, If these are the people that retired him. That to me, means they voted to retire him.

Now you say you don't know how they voted?

JL222

Offline desotoman

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2023, 12:45:39 PM »
"So,,, If these are the people that retired him. That to me, means they voted to retire him."

That is basically what I have read.

"Now you say you don't know how they voted?"

I have no idea on how they voted individually. All I read is that Jon's retirement was a result of that meeting.

John,

I read that the BNI Board had a meeting. The results of that meeting were to let Jon go. I have no idea on how each board member voted, or if there was even a vote. I only know what I have read. Example: it could have been something as simple as "are we all in agreement that we have to cut these costs and Jon was included in that."

I posted who is on the BNI board for those who don't know how to contact them. If they had a vote majority rules, but I have no idea on how they individually voted or if they did.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Tom G.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 01:09:43 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.