Author Topic: Towing in Nevada  (Read 4470 times)

Offline RichFox

Re: Towing in Nevada
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »
What about SCTA trailers? They are a business.
SCTA is a non-Profit.

Offline dbradley

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 06:01:22 PM »
Sign reads.........

Anyone hiding in this trailer is legal

Offline bbarn

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »
Sign reads.........

Anyone hiding in this trailer is legal

Legal for what though?   :wink:
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 02:10:07 AM »
For hauling the North American Eagle, we use a semi to pull the 48' drop belly trailer. To be legal you have to have a place to sleep, a place to cook and a rest room facility. The sleeper has room for our microwave and the portable camping toilet. We have the tractor licensed as an RV and have stickers on the doors that say "For Recreational Purposes Only" and "Not for Hire". In California we cannot be over 65 feet in length but in Washington it is legal to be 72'. Last time through the Dunnigan scales on the way to the Redding Air Show in September, they got us for being 5" to long. I shortened the combination with the sliding 5th wheel and they let me go but still hit me with a $30.00 fuel trip permit and $100.00 for not purchasing the permit before entering the country of Mexifornia. The trip permit is for Common Carriers, not for RV's but the revenue agent that was working the scales with the DOT guy, told me to take it to court if I didn't like it. She knew I wouldn't waste the time and money to make a court date in Sacramento so she felt pretty confident that they made a quick $130.00. We seldom get stopped at the scales but this time they worked us over for nearly two hours and couldn't find a way to rip us off except for the bogus fuel trip permit and fine. Oh, by the way, they will take your credit card.......
Ed