Author Topic: Happy Birthday Joel, Gus, Little Puke  (Read 1620 times)

Offline salt27

Re: Happy Birthday Joel, Gus, Little Puke
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2023, 08:50:19 PM »
Jon,
If my memory is accurate, I actually met both you and Nancy prior to ever stepping foot on the salt. You put me to work thawing Pasties on top of the Salt Talks trailer (yes, in the short pants), --I was just happy to have a job and feel important. That was SW 2007, so I guess we can celebrate 16 years of knowing each other this coming August. Thanks for being part of it, give Nancy a hug for me.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2023, 10:14:35 PM »
There's mischief in that grin....

A couple more from a half dozen years ago... or more

One stolen from Freud... and yes Stan, any thread about Little Puke has to have the guy that named him that...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline salt27

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 10:17:25 PM »
Gus, Freud and Stainless 2016.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023, 10:39:18 PM »
Yep, luckily my bike was not running right so Freud got to ride Nick Genet's 1000... to 149 or so...
The Kid's been on the team a while... but he's still the newest member...  1drink   :friday
Stainless

Offline Little Puke

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2023, 08:09:15 PM »
I have to thank my dad for first getting me to the salt flats-- I wouldn't have nearly the accumulation of friendships and memories had I never been introduced. While I've missed many meets since 2007, I've recently been making better attempts to get down to the salt... addictive stuff.

Thank you all for posting, It's fun looking back on photos of previous meets, sometimes (like in Porkpie's case) I find people in the background who I didn't know at the time, but do now.

And yes, the salt just isn't quite the same without Freud, but I feel incredibly lucky to have known him. I still remember my first lesson while apprenticing under him, it was on "Forced Sales Tactics" for the Salt Talks raffle, also in that 2007 timeframe. As with y'all, there are a lot of fond memories I have of Freud.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2023, 12:57:04 PM »
Hard to recognize a motorcycle and Freud with his clothes on.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2023, 08:54:44 PM »
This time he was competing.... in 78 he was just having fun with Don driving the chase car and Marsha filming....
 :laugh:  :cheers:
Stainless

Offline salt27

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2024, 12:46:33 PM »
Well, it's February 21st again, Joel made another trip around the sun but this year he got lucky and managed two days of celebration since he is in Australia and they are a day ahead of the USA.
Happy Birthday Joel   :cheers:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2024, 01:45:13 PM »
I called him yesterday, his today, to wish him happy birthday, sent a text both days... Deja vu all over again....  he's already in tomorrow, but he's still celebrating his 4i hour birthday with us today.
 :cheers:
Stainless

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2024, 10:01:57 PM »
Happy Birthday Joel, I hope the salt is dry and fast for all the racers. Be safe and have fun driving on the wrong side of the road
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Little Puke

• New folks
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2024, 10:34:25 PM »
Thanks for the Birthday wishes friends, I look forward to seeing all of ya at salt whether it?s in AUS or the US. Feeling pretty tickled be part of such a cool group of folks.

Offline Gary Freudenberger

• New folks
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2024, 12:06:12 AM »
Happy Birthday, Little Puke!! Scrolling through this thread brought a huge smile to my face and a tear to my eyes. Hope all goes well down unda. Wanted to be there badly but life gets in the way sometimes! Happy Birthday!!

Offline Little Puke

• New folks
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2024, 08:06:29 AM »
Happy Birthday, Little Puke!! Scrolling through this thread brought a huge smile to my face and a tear to my eyes. Hope all goes well down unda. Wanted to be there badly but life gets in the way sometimes! Happy Birthday!!

Ya know, I would give you a bad time for bailing on me, but I figure you would find a way out here if it was feasible. Thanks for the birthday wishes and I hope you will be able to make it out to Wendover in August. There is always a beer at my table with your name on it, so try not to be a stranger.

Take it easy and keep the car in reverse,
-LP