Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2265012 times)

Offline BLUBANDIT

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2940 on: February 02, 2014, 12:32:25 AM »
JEREMY here, giving some basic details on what I'm looking to do, and with what... I have a 1/3rd scale Yamaha R1 (known as an X7 Bullet) that I've gutted and custom-installed a Yamaha KT100S kart racing engine into. This engine pushing a 400lb load has easily broke 120 mph on the kart. Now that it is only pushing a 300lb load I'm hoping to run her out to 150 or better if she holds together! I do not know how the 'classes' are designated and need to find out what all of this is about so that I can see if I qualify to make a pass and get into the books. I truly believe I own "the world's fastest weedeater"!!! This bike is the only fully plated 50-state legal and insured mini pocket rocket in Indiana at this time, and I've rode her for 2 years with the stocker (50cc) until I decided that "Stock isn't good enough!" and bought me the KT100S  that's dynoed out at over 17.5hp @ 15,200rpm compared to 5.2hp stock. As you guys can understand, these are SERIOUS numbers and providing I can get it into the proper class I'd love nothing greater than to count myself in the ranks of the fastest in the world! I have done all of the reengineering and modifications myself to make this possible, and she's VERY close to being finished with the new engine install and I'm eager as hell to get her out and run!!! So, I'm seeking knowledgable input to help/teach me just 'what' I now have, and what I'll need to do to make my run a reality.
It's not what we do - it's HOW we do it, and we like it FAST! 1/3rd scale R1 running a KT100S  and looking to earn a place in the record. 🏁

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2941 on: February 02, 2014, 11:23:44 AM »
Jeremy
You are going to need a rulebook... I don't think the pocket is legal for SCTA bike classes due to wheel size
Your best chance may be the Bub... look at their rules online
Good luck with your quest, if you just want a timeslip and bragging rights... actually what we all race for... RWB at Bub or 130 Club at WoS are the best bets
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2942 on: February 02, 2014, 02:25:17 PM »
Hi, my name is Mike and I'm addicted. I had my first taste of it in 2011 after my friend claimed it was the greatest thing on earth. It took me 12 hours to get that first taste but after that first hit, I was done for and I've been hooked ever since. Now my year is now filled with Bonneville salt and the dirt of El Mirage.

Grew up in SoCal ( Santa Monica ) and still live there ( Saugus ) with my wife and dogs. 

Recently I've decided that my addiction needs to be satisfied in another way so I've decided to become more involved with the SCTA in particular Dan Warners group. I'm not sure if it's for me or if I'll fit in but I've decided to give it a whirl and see what I can contribute.
Cheers

Hi Mike and welcome,

Since you are new and joining the WGB, you might be interested in my part ownership of a Bike that is part owned by two other people from the WGB. For $500 you can be a 25% owner and the WGB would have a 75% interest in the bike, and I can put the money in my roadster. You won't find a cheaper deal than this. Here is a link to my ad. http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,13508.0.html

Good luck whatever route you decide to take.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Esslinger Eng

• Esslinger Engineering
« Reply #2943 on: February 02, 2014, 11:32:49 PM »
Hello All,

My name is Brian Axup, I oversee the specialty engine builds at Esslinger Engineering.  Our forte is 4 cylinder engines based on the Ford 2300 and Duratec families.  We have a few good customers that run in SCTA events, typically in the F engine classifications.  If there anyone is looking for some info or answers on engines in these families, feel free to message me or send an e-mail directly to me at brian at esslingeracing dot com
Brian

*** The above information is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Esslinger Engineering, Inc. ***

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #2944 on: February 03, 2014, 01:06:34 AM »
Welcome Brian! Didn't Circle Track Magazine do an article (and cover photo) of one of your engines not too long ago?
I'll be sending you some questions, since I'm building my first-ever performance four-cylinder- yes, an 'F' engine, but not Ford.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:09:57 AM by Jack Gifford »
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #2945 on: February 03, 2014, 05:45:45 PM »
Welcome Brian.      Guys Brian also has a lot of good info and knowledge on ECU's, turbo's, and not to mention tuning. If he's offering he can help you.  And he's a good guy, and he won't talk over your head. Is that to much to live up to Brian,  Awww I don't think so :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D 
Richard 2
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline MRK

« Reply #2946 on: February 03, 2014, 06:16:25 PM »
Hi, my name is Mike and I'm addicted. I had my first taste of it in 2011 after my friend claimed it was the greatest thing on earth. It took me 12 hours to get that first taste but after that first hit, I was done for and I've been hooked ever since. Now my year is now filled with Bonneville salt and the dirt of El Mirage.

Grew up in SoCal ( Santa Monica ) and still live there ( Saugus ) with my wife and dogs. 

Recently I've decided that my addiction needs to be satisfied in another way so I've decided to become more involved with the SCTA in particular Dan Warners group. I'm not sure if it's for me or if I'll fit in but I've decided to give it a whirl and see what I can contribute.
Cheers

Hi Mike and welcome,

Since you are new and joining the WGB, you might be interested in my part ownership of a Bike that is part owned by two other people from the WGB. For $500 you can be a 25% owner and the WGB would have a 75% interest in the bike, and I can put the money in my roadster. You won't find a cheaper deal than this. Here is a link to my ad. http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,13508.0.html

Good luck whatever route you decide to take.

Tom G.

Thanx for the offer but I'm not joing WGB except for a cocktail at the end of the day! When I stated that I'd be joining Dan Warner's group it was as an SCTA volunteer not as an official member of WGB. I know that group at WGB but only as a known associate not an official member.

Cheers
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline Esslinger Eng

• Esslinger Engineering
« Reply #2947 on: February 06, 2014, 12:26:51 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Rick.  You're a pretty cool cat yourself!  I'm pretty sure I'd have a permenant skidmark in my driving suit after your 2014 Speedweek...  And you seem to have pretty much taken it in stride!

I talked to a gentleman about a 2L n/a Lakester engine yesterday and then after getting off the phone it dawned on me that we could put a 4-valve head on one of our blocks with a destroked crank...  It would allow for a larger bore, better breathing head, and still come in under 122cu.in...  I guess we'll see if the gentleman calls back, it would be a really fun project with lots of potential!

Brian

*** The above information is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Esslinger Engineering, Inc. ***

Offline MRK

« Reply #2948 on: February 08, 2014, 05:45:43 PM »
Hello All,

My name is Brian Axup, I oversee the specialty engine builds at Esslinger Engineering.  Our forte is 4 cylinder engines based on the Ford 2300 and Duratec families.  We have a few good customers that run in SCTA events, typically in the F engine classifications.  If there anyone is looking for some info or answers on engines in these families, feel free to message me or send an e-mail directly to me at brian at esslingeracing dot com

Welcome! I read that an Esslinger powered car won the Chili Bowl this year? How many have you won before?

Offline mike f

« Reply #2949 on: February 08, 2014, 08:43:18 PM »
Hi:tock My name is Mike Feldner and I own a company called MF Performance.  We are located in northern Wi. and have been in the drive line business for over 40 years.  Some of you might have seen our add in the Bonnivlle Racing news and I would like to take a little time and tell you a little about us.  I started out working on our family race team and was tapped to do the drive line work when needed.  In the early 70's I found a lot of people needed my help and started a business company called MFR Enterprises Inc.  We did mostly stock car work with some road racing and drag racing.  I managed to have a lot of good people working with and for me  over the years and grew to a point where we had over 450 people world wide.  In the 80's we where doing a lot of specialized work for teams and had a lot of new products .  We where building special qualifying transmissions and gears for NASCAR teams , this would help[ me with LSR teams down the road.  I found that a lot of things that worked at Daytona would help at Bonneville and then a lot would not.  I can tell you that all of the things I do have been tested both in the shop and on the track, I can also tell you that I do not know it all but have a lot of people that I can go to when needed. In 2004 I made my first trip to the salt and like most got the salt fever.  I had a great time and met some really neat people , needless to say I learned lot about LSR.  Also that year I sold MFR and moved form the Milwaukee area to the Hayward WI area and down sized , starting MF performance.  My main interest is R&D work, along with LSR.  I was asked in 2006 if different Ford 9" gears could be made by a LSR team,  and to make a long story short I got it done with the 2:30 gears.  I will post more about this later on and complete the story.  One thing for sure is that I will work with anyone and within their budget. When people call I will call back and answer questions to the best of my ability.  I can be reached at (715) 462-3817, (715) 558-2421 or e-mail at MFPerformance@centurytel.net Thanks for the time  Mike

Offline Esslinger Eng

• Esslinger Engineering
« Reply #2950 on: February 08, 2014, 10:06:49 PM »
MRK,

We have been lucky enough to have some good guys running our stuff.  The past 7 Chili Bowl Nationals have been won by drivers with our engines.  Damion Gardner in 2008, Sammy Swindell in 2009, Kevin Swindell 2010-2013, & Bryan Clauson in 2014.  We've had all 4 styles of our Midget engine now, XT, TST, EST, & RSI...
Brian

Offline MRK

« Reply #2951 on: February 10, 2014, 11:57:16 AM »
MRK,

We have been lucky enough to have some good guys running our stuff.  The past 7 Chili Bowl Nationals have been won by drivers with our engines.  Damion Gardner in 2008, Sammy Swindell in 2009, Kevin Swindell 2010-2013, & Bryan Clauson in 2014.  We've had all 4 styles of our Midget engine now, XT, TST, EST, & RSI...

Wow, very impressive record at the CB! Any experience with the Pontiac Super Duty 4?? My ol'buddy Dick Martin runs one in an F/GT Fiero. He may need you if you do!

Cheers!

Offline Esslinger Eng

• Esslinger Engineering
« Reply #2952 on: February 11, 2014, 11:02:04 AM »
The best thing to do if you have questions is drop me an e-mail to brian (at) esslingeracing (dot) com .  I do have a little experience with the Super Duty/ 801 head stuff...
Brian

Offline Rasmussen

« Reply #2953 on: February 13, 2014, 11:37:45 AM »
Hi all
Ivan from Denmark here. Have been lurking on this site since 2011, and feel now is the time to join what has long been my favourite community. Went to Bonneville SW in 2012 after kindly being invited by Bill Anderson (Nortonist on here). Bonneville was a year long dream come through, and there was no doubt that I wanted to be a part of the experience some day. Shortly after coming home I started building the bike I hope to bring over and race in 2014. A big thanks goes to Bill and his crewchief Joe who have both given me loads of encouragement and have promised to help me make it all happen. It wouldn't be possible without you guys  :-). Hope to see all you great people on the salt in August

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2954 on: February 13, 2014, 02:07:27 PM »
Hello Ivan. Rumor has it that you will not be the only Dane running on the salt this year. Maybe you guys could get togeather.