Author Topic: BUB 2011  (Read 74311 times)

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
Re: BUB 2011
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2011, 12:10:16 AM »
If someone wants to protest a record 2 or more weeks following the event they are SOL.

With all due respects Dan, what about Mark Miller's record and his two club entry?  They were taken away after six months.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #226 on: September 03, 2011, 12:22:29 AM »
KP, KH got a year..the other person got life..go figure.

Offline joea

« Reply #227 on: September 03, 2011, 09:31:46 AM »
what did that bike have some kind of jet fuel..?..

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #228 on: September 03, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »
Again, Joe -- I wasn't there and only heard things third-hand, so to speak -- but my "source" told me that the suspect fuel was a mixture of kerosene, cough syrup, and Amo fluid.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dw230

« Reply #229 on: September 03, 2011, 10:33:47 AM »
Tony,

That was before and because the 24 hour rule was put into place.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline dw230

« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
Kiwi Paul,

The incident actually took place at El Mirage. As a part of the penalty all the team's gasoline records were removed from the database. The driver claimed innocence and was allowed to come back. The car went on to someone else.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline cranberryroo

• New folks
« Reply #231 on: September 03, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
Nancy and I were on the way home this afternoon when we got a call from a Bub's participant.  He told us of the intense racing going on in the AMA 1000 Production class, among other things.  He went on to report that one of the bikes gave an indication of "funky gas" or something, having been running strong 196-197.5 or so all week -- just like the other P/P 1000 bikes.  But then -- viola, the bike ran a 201 (and backed it up with a 199).  Maybe it was fuel, maybe not.

Not saying that I know what's going on, but there are different grades of gasoline available to run in the "gas" class. S/He could have drained their tank and had it resealed with spec gas that made the motor run faster. Production records don't have to be on MULB.

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #232 on: September 03, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »
Thanks for the great pics and coverage Joe & Ray. Great to see you again Joe, and Ray - Iam still lookin forward to shaking your hand. Making a couple day stop at Moab since Babs spends her Birthday the last 5 years at BUB so me and the Gray Ghost can have some fun, now its her turn. The Gray Ghost is goin home a happy camper, bumped up our personal best speed and bringing home our second LSR. Already thinking what we need to do for next year, for some strange reason we feel a need to go a little bit faster.
A big thanks to Denis, Delvene, Lenea, and all the great BUB volunteers.

Jimbo
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #233 on: September 03, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »
Jim --- Great event. You achieved what you set out to do. The best part is that next year we get to do this all over again.

Joe

Offline Cole222

• Recluse Holster
« Reply #234 on: September 03, 2011, 12:52:25 PM »
Nancy and I were on the way home this afternoon when we got a call from a Bub's participant.  He told us of the intense racing going on in the AMA 1000 Production class, among other things.  He went on to report that one of the bikes gave an indication of "funky gas" or something, having been running strong 196-197.5 or so all week -- just like the other P/P 1000 bikes.  But then -- viola, the bike ran a 201 (and backed it up with a 199).  Maybe it was fuel, maybe not.

Jon, It seems very unfair to post an accusation and from an unknown "source." This leads down a course full of speculation. If someone has a protest let them file it with the officials. For all we know other factors such as course conditions along with good tuning where the source of the mph. As an example you posted that there were high winds on the course and I recall drivers/riders in the past seeing the wind turn in their favor at just the right time. And may all of the contestants sleep well at night knowing they gave it their all.
"Form and function are the opposite sides of the same coin." R Reagan

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #235 on: September 03, 2011, 12:56:32 PM »
When will the results be posted on records etc??
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2011, 02:44:47 PM »
I think Slim reported fairly. He doesnt make the news he just reports it.  There are no names mentioned and if you are of a mind to investigate it, I am sure you could confirm or deny the incident. As it stands it does stir some interest.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
Kiwi Paul,

The incident actually took place at El Mirage. As a part of the penalty all the team's gasoline records were removed from the database. The driver claimed innocence and was allowed to come back. The car went on to someone else.

DW

I was the timer and remember the run and the testing as well as a witness who saw the change that was done off to the side of the return road. I also set in on the meetings and when KH presented his case. It was done fairly and he was reinstated. The car owner was banned from future running.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline joea

« Reply #238 on: September 03, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »
roo...cole..."""""""the entrant that owned the bike in Impound elected to withdraw the bike and allow the record to continue unclaimed -- thereby forever making further investigation of the fuel (and everything else, for that matter) impossible"""""""

VERY FAIR reporting.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is the deal......its the age of the internet...commo is not what it was....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the KUDOS and ATTABOYS....and LOOK WHAT I DID....travels BOTH WAYS......GLOBALLY.......

Offline racer

• Impound 2009. sweetest spot at Bonneville.
« Reply #239 on: September 03, 2011, 06:23:13 PM »
An Amazing young lady.
Also thanked me, had tears in my eyes for quite some time, she melted my heart.
THANK YOU RIZZI!
You made my DAY! and a lot more.
ray c wheeler
Performance Editor Bikernet.com

I just met Rizzi and her Dad ... She thanked me for being "her soldier", saluted and presented me with a coin that states that.   
Ray C Wheeler