Author Topic: SCTA Motorcycle teardown?  (Read 8488 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Teardown
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 12:10:07 PM »
Dan:

I think you should donate your points for that post to me.  Scroll back up to the third post on this topic and see what I said.

My posts do have value -- they keep me in touch with that foreign language called Dolanese.

Different topic -- my dad is vacationing in Australia, and his stories reveal the true side of those folks.  He says it's a great country to be on the wagon -- beer is 6-8 bucks/bottle, and the flies are so bad that no guy would dare try taking a leak in the outdoors -- too busy swatting and keeping them off the private parts to hold on and aim away from one's own feet.

Gotta go dry my shoes.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
SOMEHOW
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 06:17:41 PM »
Somehow I gotta believe that bike guys will be treated a lot more like car guys if the flakes are removed from the top and underneath you find a racer.
Removing the flakes is a good first step. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

LittleLiner

SCTA Motorcycle teardown?
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 07:10:09 PM »
What about cars that have motorcycle engines?    Many of the special construction smaller engine classes have bike motors.   Do they wait till the end of the meet or must they follow the bike rules?

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Have Faith
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 07:24:39 PM »
I have faith that both Scott and Dan already know.
Can they be trusted ? :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
SCTA Motorcycle teardown?
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 07:27:03 PM »
Quote from: scott guthrie
Quote from: dwarner
Cars are measured with either an air pump, direct measurement dip stick if a center plug head or as a tear down as a last option.

If your bike can be measured with air, oil or dip stick I think you are Ok before having to tear down.

Oops!  :oops: said too much, I promised not to butt in on bike stuff.

DW

Dan: Since bikes are allowed an 0.020 inch overbore(beyond the class limit), but NO STROKE increase, how does the air or oil method tell if a bike that is 2-3 cc's "oversize" is legal or not? :lol:

If they use the oil or air on a car or bike do they check every cylinder or just one and assume the others are the same?

c ya, Sum

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Even the car guys get it..
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 08:01:18 PM »
If you want to go up in class and the cc method measures within the upper and lower class limits, there you are.
If you want to go down in class and wished to declare just the allowed overbore in bikes only, the direct measure is for you.
Both with the same assembly.
Car guys will just have to eat it with no overbore allowed.
If the tech guy was getting smart and wanted to save time they might select the jug to measure instead of the entrant.
Cheaters are not as common as dummies and not as common as smart people either. :wink: