Author Topic: 1000cc P-P record - chains  (Read 12284 times)

Offline Warp12

Re: 1000cc P-P record - chains
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2011, 05:00:55 PM »
The specification for "road clearance" is not clear. Is it the maximum (unloaded) clearance, the minimum clearance the bike squats to when Big Bubba and his 300 pound girlfriend get on the seat? Obviously the suspension has stops for swingarm up and down movement.
So I don't think the clearance can be express as a single number. What the P-P racers should be shooting for is to find out the very minimum possible clearance the unmodified suspension can go, and then adjust it for that number. As long as it is a documentable figure, the inspectors should not have a problem with it.

Don

I am pretty sure it is an unladen spec, as-is the seat height (I have some ZX-14's in the garage...so I know it is not a laden spec  :-D).

This seems like a pretty grey area....which I guess can be a plus or a minus, depending on who interprets the rule? Is there a rule which simply says "as low as it can go with stock unmodified parts installed as from the oem"??

Is there a precedent?

Anyway, food for thought. I'm ending my portion of the threadjack.  :-)

Shane
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:06:06 PM by Warp12 »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2011, 06:53:01 PM »
to my knowledge springs and spring rates are not visable---we had to raise ours at sw  our competitor at a diffrent race had different inspectors :-o
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline MiltonP

Re: 1000cc P-P record - chains - fuel type question
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2011, 08:36:57 AM »
When I ran my Ninja 500 in P/P at Maxton and Loring I always ran the 100 octane fuel from the vendor and had his seal put on as required; however, at one Maxton event I noted a P/P bike getting fueled by the vendor with one of the other 'performance' fuels and getting sealed.  Have I been mistaken all this time thinking that production and gas classes had to run the 100.  The rider said the seal from the vendor was the requirement not the particular choice of the fuel.  He was someone I respect and doubt was intentionally breaking the rule.

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2011, 09:08:48 AM »
It's always been my understanding that the other rider is correct.
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline MC 1314

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2011, 09:24:45 AM »
Production classes must run gas. Octane rating, leaded, unleaded do not matter. Vendor must seal your tank.

Bob
It's just a case of too soon old and too late smart. Will Penny

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2011, 10:37:58 AM »
you can put whatever you want in the tank and get it sealed
if you set a record and make it to impound, it will be checked
if it isn't the right gasoline, you will be leaving impound without a record
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester