Author Topic: Land Speed Racing column subjects wins two national writing honors  (Read 1536 times)

velocity

May 28, 2011, Indianapolis Motor Speedway– The 2010 All American Racing Writers & Broadcasters Association (AARWBA) Contest winners were announced at the annual breakfast held in the shadow of  the famed racetrack’s turn two. Now in its fourth decade, the annual competition attracts entries from across the nation as well as from around the world.

“LandSpeed” Louise Ann Noeth has earned two first place finishes: the first for Magazine Column Writing and the second for Magazine Technical Writing.  Both honors were awarded for her long-running, monthly Fuel For Thought column in the Goodguys Gazette.  “Attitude, Gratitude, and Talking Race Cars” which ran in December 2010 earned the Magazine Column Writing top slot in the nation. For the Magazine Technical category win it was the January 201o column, “Brain-Bucket Beef,” that judges gave the nod. 

AARWBA President Ms. Dusty Brandel noted,  “I  loved to see the lady journalists finally getting proper recognition for all their hard work.” In the male dominated motorsports world it is significant to note that women swept all three slots in Online News Reporting, finished one-two in three other categories and earned a total of 17 “podium” finishes overall for 2010.

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
I've seen the column in the neighbors gazette a number of times.

I enjoy it.

franey

congratz.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:11:12 PM by saltwheels262 »
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007