Author Topic: Great article Mr Amo  (Read 2765 times)

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
Great article Mr Amo
« on: January 31, 2006, 12:36:12 PM »
didnt realize you worked in ICU at RC regional. My wife has a good friend who is a cardiologist there. His name escapes me. Only met him once at our wedding. I believe he is South American? Wife is a nurse...

Either way, great article.  =D>

Offline joea

Great article Mr Amo
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 12:32:37 AM »
for the last 17 mos I have been in an anesthetist residency
of sorts,  CRNA program...........about 13 more left........

having a genuine blast ..........doing cases since June...

the paper article has many mis-quotes.......he called  on the phone...
he meant well........a few things came through differently than I intended...

cant wait to see your progress after a maiden voyage or 2........!!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
It is tough for them
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 12:48:14 AM »
They are working from notes on a subject they barely understand.
 It is not much different than a translation from English to American.
It was a good piece for the target audience and that is all you can expect .
Put him on the distribution of your stuff from down under after he is comfortable with the site , he might do a series.
If he does a good job he might get it on AP.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
Great article Mr Amo
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 12:21:24 PM »
great point jack. following up with new info is imperative to furthering the original progress.

CRNA huh? we have lots of CRNA's at our facility and in our burn OR. very strong people minus the attitudes of the docs we use otherwise.

oh and here is a link to where I work... great place, great people, very sad stories from this place. in a way, I am glad I am leaving. tired of the sadness this place wreaks of.

www.azburncenter.com

and our foundation

www.azburn.org

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Tough job
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 12:48:39 PM »
I did 6 weeks as a guest in the UCSD Burn Unit and working there had to be the toughest job in the facility.
I didn't have anything to do but watch and it was an interesting time well spent.
When you understand how the media works , the good and bad it can represent for you, feeding them information makes it a lot more attractive to them and they will do a better job for you.
The strictly medical story can be good as can the strictly bike story, but combined it can make everybody happy.
There was a terminal cancer patient that was kept going by some experiental procedures with a drug company.
 One of the things he wanted to do in the rest of his life was to make a mark at Bonneville.
 He pooled what little energy he had into support from the local University and fully funded by the Drug company.
 He was successful in that endeavor and made a major contribution to the treatment before he died with a smile.
That is an extreme, but isn't that what you are shooting for ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
PR efforts
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 02:29:29 PM »
That's a good suggestion -- a follow-up article, or stuff submitted from the land of Oz.  Our paper here in Marquette (The Mining Journal -- tells you something about what's important hereabouts, doesn't it?) has a "virtual newsroom" where anyone can submit stories.  When Nancy and I get back from a race event I usually write up something and submit it.  I write it on the computer here, cut-and-paste to the paper's site, attach photos -- and viola, it gets printed...usually.

Once I used the phrase "Nancy and Jon Wennerberg, Marquette's only land speed racers" and the damn paper made it read "Nancy and Jon Wennerberg,  reportedly Marquette's only..."  The just had to get a change in there, didn't they?  I mean, I kow we're the only ones in this burg.

Whatever, if you can submit stories that way it's a fine method to get exactly the publicity you want for this avocation/sickness we have.  They love printing the stuff -- it makes it look like their good-for-nothing reporting staff actually got off its duff and did some work.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Larry Forstall

Great article Mr Amo
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 07:16:34 PM »
Joe, I think you completed your residency in August 2004.   244 MPH proves you know how to "give it the gas"    :lol:      Larry