Author Topic: Bikes on way to Australia  (Read 34588 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
So ?
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »
If it pays to be informed, how much are you charging the Yanks for the guidence ?
Can we get a package deal with the marrige, elective reproductive surgery, and the council ?
How much is that in beers so we can figure the exchange rate. ? :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: So ?
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2006, 01:02:09 AM »
Quote from: JackD
If it pays to be informed, how much are you charging the Yanks for the guidence ?
Can we get a package deal with the marrige, elective reproductive surgery, and the council ?
How much is that in beers so we can figure the exchange rate. ? :wink:

I shipped my beer over.... :wink:

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Get your deposit in early.
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2006, 01:26:50 AM »
The success is in the planning.
I get the feeling they are making this stuff up as they go along to find out where the edge really is.
MK says they may not all be Upstanding Subjects of the Queen. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline hawkwind

sos
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2006, 04:15:22 AM »
Hey ,I was watching the national news tonight and there was a story that caught my attention ,unfortunatly I did not catch the name of the ship , it was reported that a container ship enroute from the USA  to Australia was on fire and was being evacuated , there was little hope of saving the ship or contents ( not funny I know  :P )
slower than most

landracing

Bikes on way to Australia
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2006, 08:40:45 AM »
Yeah Hawkind, I saw that same news program... Must have been the ship that was taking over all your Tshirts, American Beer and women...

The women did not survive the they did manage to get some of the tshirts...

Jon

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
I am shocked !
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2006, 09:22:21 AM »
I thought the Women we were sending them were already blown up and they should at least float.
Fire may be another problem unless the beer was not packed on top as requested to put the fire out.
More likely it was pirates filing a false report or considering the cargo it could have been a crew uprising. :wink:

Offline gazza414

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2006, 06:26:21 PM »
Jack, that was a blow below the belt...

you know Aussie blokes are fussy about their shiela's :lol:  :lol:
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Hey !
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2006, 06:50:14 PM »
We just went by their instructions and packed the beer on top.
All the required filling was done with methane gas as specified.
Are they just making it up as they go along to see what they can get ?

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Gazza white and blue
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2006, 05:05:39 AM »
Quote from: gazza414
Jack, that was a blow below the belt...
 :lol:  :lol:

I'd never pass one o' them up.....dunno about the methane girls though .....I'd be catchin' the first tram if I pulled one o' them......but you know I might have it completely wrong , you know, methane ...you Darzan...

er , life ....it's a gas.....
finished the Chev today...feelin' pretty smart. 8)
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Finished ?
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2006, 09:45:19 AM »
Being finished with a Cheby. might be pretty smart.
Around here if I "Pulled" one of those things you mentioned,I would be placed in front of a train that
 was ready to leave. :wink:

landracing

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2006, 07:47:19 PM »
THis note from Mike A.

"After reading all of the posts and advice from our so-called Aussie hosts I have a grave concerns about one issue, the ability of the crew and I to maintain our reputation.

We being all members of the Mountaineers Motorcycle club a disorganized bunch of misfits that has been getting together several times a year for the last 53 years to ride our dirt bikes at various locations throughout the western part of the continent. Once renowned for our ability to consume excessive amounts of alcoholic beverage followed by moronic utterances and questionable displays of riding skill. I am afraid that as a result of the advanced age and growing infirmity of our members these skills have diminished somewhat. Therefore I have organized an intense series of training sessions at various neighborhood establishments where I hope our crew can sharpen our skills prior to leaving for Australia.

Also the crew and I are anxious to try one of them barbecued crock?s that you have been talking about so we will be bringing our Mountaineer?s barbecue.  I have attached a short video clip of us lighting the barbi. "

Video Here
http://www.landracing.net/MVI_07851.AVI

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
ADVIICE ?
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2006, 08:21:50 PM »
I don't usually share advice but here you go.
I am writing this in American so they won't know.

Lie about it.
If they don't know the difference, why do you care ? Tell them that you are all in your 90s.
They will not only be respectful with your senior status but suitably impressed with your ability.
Why be normal,do you think they don't lie ?
Look at the dimensions in the pictures and imagine how that many beers as claimed could possibly fit.
As for the Gaters and Goats, we make shoes and coats, they have to eat them unless of course not if
they are dating them.

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2006, 10:15:51 PM »
I married a Minnesota gal Jack, and she's taught me to read "American" , so Youv'e blown it,,Ha Ha Ha !
We Aussies NEVER lie , although we an be heard to  s t r e t c h  the truth a bit @ times.
The passtime we call " gettin' on the piss" is a  natural ,thought provoking experience,and although it's not always a pretty sight , its a necessary part of the creativity process (not to mention making "fat chics" look bewdifull too)
Don't feel bad if you get bearings in your boots, cant walk, and forget a whole session "on the piss" because you will just be blending into the culture down under,,,sound familiar?
            Cheers   :^o  Tiny
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Not so fast
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2006, 10:56:14 PM »
I could lie, keep it up, and even get married to get out of Minnesota.
For starters, they don't speak American in Minnesota.
That is not a fair comparison and proves nothing.
 What did she tell you it said ?
As for "bearings in the boots", that is local to Wyoming and Montana.
 Remember it could be under the threat to be returned to Minnesota and that is a powerful force. :wink:

Offline PJQ

• South end, Land of Oz
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2006, 07:33:55 PM »
Trail bike? That be an Ag Bike over here I'm guessin'.

Len (the bloke running the station that came with a bloody great Salt Lake when he took over a couple of years ago) will be only too happy to send you sheep mustering on an Ag Bike. Sling a stray over the tank and keep the dust behind you - and watch out for the dogs!

1600 sheep spread over an area the size of one of your smaller States.

His Roo truck will have you wondering, specially seeing it parked next to the kiosk where your "Hamburgers" are made.

Regs,
PJQ
Regards,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories