Author Topic: 2011 Rule Books  (Read 7050 times)

Offline Dave Haller

2011 Rule Books
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:18:06 PM »
Anyone received thier 2011 rule book yet along with the other items usually coming with it?
Also, anyone out there have any pictures of the roadster built by Mike Cook for Johnny Lee. He ran a wing on it at Elmo and Muroc in 2000. Mike found the wing for me and I need some info on how it was mounted. We will have it on the roadster for Speedweek this year. The main mounts are still on the roadster but the strut mounting tags aren't there.
Thanks for the info 8-)

Offline Brian Westerdahl

Re: 2011 Rule Books
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:24:53 AM »
It takes awhile for them to get to Washington.

Offline Tman

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »

Offline Nexxussian

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 03:36:38 PM »
I've got one, ordered it seperate from the membership though (membership packages have yet to arrive here in Alaska).
Just happy to be here. :-D

Erik

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:40:43 PM »
Got my BNI issue today, our clubs got them and passed them out about a month ago. They are generally the first and then the mailing of others are sent. I would think everyone should have them by the week end.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »
Just got mine today....

Another cover of a Hondata Honda CC?

Someone must have friends in the rule book layout department.

~JH
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:52:07 PM by Jonny Hotnuts »
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 04:12:16 PM »
They earned the cover like all others have over the years, Look back and see how many times Noonan was on the cover, he earned the spot. Don't mean to sound nasty but until you have been in the points chase with 150 other El Mirage racers you may not understand.
Our club lost the championship a couple of years by less then 10 points, yeah it hurts but we got beat.

Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 04:12:44 PM »
Traditionally, the vehicles on the Rule Book cover are the No. 1 in points for cars and bikes.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
WTF are points????

I see it that the cover should be a unbiased representation of fine examples for their respective classes no matter how many 'points' the same vehicle may earn every year (maybe even rotate the vehicle type from year to year so every car class gets a shot). All joking aside I seriously dont even know what these points are, I have heard of points at Elmo but thats not a game I play. (so vehilces that run at Elmo can be on the cover???)

Not to take anything away from what John as done but again feel the cover should be a representation of the sport in its entirety and not given to the same vehicle every year because of 'points' or the fact that some teams can run every event and not just one. And if that means saying that I think JN has been on the cover too much????
(sorry JN, nothing but love)

I am writing this with a 101 feaver and may read back and think I am being a d**k. I just dont think the same vehicles should get the cover every year, just my opinion and realize its not my house.

Done....

~JH

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 04:47:51 PM »
It's the SCTA's Rulebook, they run at El Mirage, If you're just Bonneville, well, they don't have a Rulebook, they use the SCTA's also BNI Just organizes the Event on the Salt, it's run by the SCTA.

See a pattern...
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 06:02:38 PM »
Called JoAnn this week and she said they were mailed out USPS-Bulk more than two weeks ago. "Bulk" is always unpredictable. I expect mine will arrive eventually.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 10:57:08 PM »
Jonny --

You are being a dick.

I've run Elmer a couple of times.  I'm not a regular.  I've never run for points.  And probably couldn't.  But it's our heritage.  Ask that old fart Freud.  He can hardly talk about it, that sentimental ol' fool.

Their points championship has to do with running the season and setting records, like others.  But their records have minimums.  And they're all certified.  Some have an easier plan than other.  But it ain't easy.  It takes hard work and dedication (please don't tell anyone that Stan said that!)!

So the big prize is that they get on the association's Rule Book cover.

Some of us like them, some of us don't.  But they've all earned it.

Stan Back
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:03:42 PM by Stan Back »
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline racergeo

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 12:47:35 AM »
  Jonny me boy, where was that thermometer when you determined you had a 101 temp? Please no graphic details or pictures  :evil:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 10:40:38 AM »
Racergeo -- if JH says that the temperature probe was in the exhaust manifold -- DON'T ASK ANY MORE QUESTIONS, you hear? :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dw230

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 11:38:05 PM »
I don't know if JHN has ever opened a rulebook but, each class description has that represenative vehicle he is looking for. BTW, two different years, two different Hondata cars. One even has the steerig wheel on the wrong(right) side.

Not the proper argument to use with the guy that picks the photos if you are looking to get on/into the rulebook.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth