Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1105317 times)

Offline Freud

Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #1770 on: July 16, 2014, 01:22:20 PM »
Spark.....Thanks for finding me.............

It helped a lot. You listen well.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1771 on: July 16, 2014, 02:54:06 PM »
Doc---my pleasure in seeing you and getting the chance to "listen" to my elders--- :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1772 on: July 17, 2014, 12:49:20 AM »
Sum is posting the video that he shot at the T&T on his
 youtube channel 1fatgmc---lots of heat distortion but a pretty good idea what Ms Libberty is going to look like at speed---some more refinements and a bitchin paint job and she is going to be a mighty fine "DATE"

2 things: 
the salt was fairly wet but Ms Liberty doesn't seem to leave the air as active behind her as Ratical did.
  I sure hope that holds as I work the speeds up

In watching the chutes we have issues with the chute bags on the pilot chute tethers. I am going to call Stroud in the morning an let him evaluate what he sees and see if we have similar opinions.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline desotoman

« Reply #1773 on: July 17, 2014, 01:15:43 AM »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1774 on: July 17, 2014, 09:35:22 AM »

Sum is posting the video that he shot at the T&T on his

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scDFy296-N0&list=UUxFiJQoy2NEbltvkvT2q71g

Tom G.

Thanks Tom,  I also added his 196 mph 4th run this morning were it was decided to only deploy one chute.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYP1qAi4OIY&index=1&list=UUxFiJQoy2NEbltvkvT2q71g

Sorry about the video quality.  I shot these with a Cannon SX30 PowerShot that isn't really a video camera at about 30X optical zoom and hand held.  We were about the 2 1/2 so at the end of the video the car was about 1 3/4 miles from us,

Sum

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1775 on: July 17, 2014, 11:29:59 AM »
Just got off the phone with Bob, He suggested that we lengthen the long line to see if we get a little less interference between the two fighting for the same space.  He was very pleased to hear that the bag was actually inverting over the pilot---less wear and tear on both, as well as less kiteing of the pilot!

I told him I thought I had a double looped tether and that I would try.

One of the great JOYS of LSR as you and your new ride get to know each other!!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1776 on: July 17, 2014, 12:44:24 PM »
....  He was very pleased to hear that the bag was actually inverting over the pilot---less wear and tear on both, as well as less kiteing of the pilot!

That makes sense.  I also added the video from the 2nd run which was the first Chute deployment as the 1st run was to test the brakes only.  I believe I was closer to the 3 for this video to help see the chute better....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pgyOfUVJWs&list=UUxFiJQoy2NEbltvkvT2q71g

Sum

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1777 on: July 18, 2014, 01:29:14 AM »
Looking good Sparky, can't wait to see the car in August :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1778 on: July 18, 2014, 08:39:30 AM »
I was rocking through the day yesterday with you guys thinking about seeing you in 3 weeks :cheers:

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1779 on: July 18, 2014, 03:10:27 PM »
Looks like the tail-gunner "canopy" did not affect the chute paths much! Remember whoa is just as important as go!  :-o

See ya at Speed Week Sparky!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1780 on: July 18, 2014, 03:41:39 PM »
Woody, last weekend at W-ton there was a guy that came up to us at the drivers meeting - looked just like you,I think I remember.  he said howdy and I think he and I talked for a minute, but then -- I didn't see him again all weekend.  Has anyone else reported that they were accosted by a Woody-pretender?

(And no, fellas, don't bother to go anywhere with that line.  I'm already trying (unsuccessfully) to stifle a snicker). :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1781 on: July 18, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »
Slim, there are three of them - no pretenders! Me, myself & I! :-o

Since I'm 35 miles from Wilmington it's pretty common for any one or all of them to show up there! :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1782 on: July 19, 2014, 08:26:44 AM »
I am going to change the order of coming out of the tubes---I will fly the top one first so that it hopefully has less chance of "crossing the line" I am also taking the first out to 72'  so that here will now be over 25' between them.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1783 on: July 19, 2014, 11:38:42 AM »
Sparky, even at 25ft the low speed will kill the air to the high speed & it will stop flying.
Looks like the low speed pilot could use some more spring, that muther bounced before it flew.
Are your hi & low the same dia?
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1784 on: July 19, 2014, 11:47:27 AM »
Sid they are the same diam.--

Bob now has me using a really small "hanky" pilot with no spring---the old one would have the chute out of the bag and open before it got to the end of the tether; this one does not.  At 227 it was just a small tug---as we work the speeds up it will be interesting to see how much that changes.