Author Topic: 2011 SpeedWeek Entry Forms  (Read 8124 times)

Offline Stan Back

2011 SpeedWeek Entry Forms
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:17:03 PM »
The 2011 SpeedWeek Entry Form has been posted on the SCTA website, scta-bni.org.  It's best for all concerned to use the fillable form on that site.

And hurry to get your form in early and get great starting line spots.  There's a rumor that the SCTA is going to cut entries off at 600, so don't wait!

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
Re: 2011 SpeedWeek Entry Forms
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »
You think there will be 500 entries.
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:53:55 PM »
With the price of fuel, rooms and such we may not have as big a turn out. I thought the same two years ago but was wrong then. When you have the need for speed like most of us we suck it up somehow and are there.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
There have been over 500 the last two years.  My prediction -- 'bout the same.  Bikes up, cars down.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 07:05:14 PM »
Maybe fuel will go back down by August.
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »
Two years ago diesel (and probably gas, too) was heading up quickly as we neared time to leave for Bonneville.  I remember everyone talking about and worrying about and whining about the price of fuel - as it neared $4/gallon.

Well, diesel is $3.899/gallon here now, and probably isn't much cheaper where you are, either.  Gasoline sells for $3.599 - again, probably near what you're paying, too.  But - where's the agonizing?  Are we (using the generic meaning, not just LSR folks) becoming more complacent or getting used to prices this high?

Let's see -- a round trip to Bonneville, including driving around while there, is about 4500 miles.  Pulling the trailer - or fiddlin' about in Wendover and waiting in the staging lines -- the truck will get about 14 - 15 miles/gallon.  So, let's see, that comes to 300 gallons, which is about $1200 at four bucks per.  Holey-moley, and that's just to get there and back.

Okay, rant over.  I'll pay it anyway - just wanted to let off a bit of steam.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JamesJ

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 09:01:54 PM »
I think many people make Bonneville Speedweek there one LSR event a year, and with that said it makes spending a bunch on getting there less annoying since you are only doing it one time a year, and that keeps numbers up.

I dont believe they would cap it, the last two years have been great with the course set up, and still plenty of room in the pits, I bet they say that just to get people to register early...

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 09:11:51 PM »
Nancy and I make two or even three trips to Bonneville each year -- so for us it IS a major thing.  Not that we have much intention of cutting back.

As for Speedweek, remember that this year SCTA/BNI is hoping to have enough good salt to run FOUR courses -- the three as in the last two years, and a rookie course, too.  I think that's what I remember reading.  But just think about what yet another course will mean in reduced waiting lines or increased number of runs any racer can make.  Just hope the salt is good enough 8-) :wink:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »
Two years ago diesel (and probably gas, too) was heading up quickly as we neared time to leave for Bonneville.  I remember everyone talking about and worrying about and whining about the price of fuel - as it neared $4/gallon.

Well, diesel is $3.899/gallon here now, and probably isn't much cheaper where you are, either.  Gasoline sells for $3.599 - again, probably near what you're paying, too.  But - where's the agonizing?  Are we (using the generic meaning, not just LSR folks) becoming more complacent or getting used to prices this high?

Let's see -- a round trip to Bonneville, including driving around while there, is about 4500 miles.  Pulling the trailer - or fiddlin' about in Wendover and waiting in the staging lines -- the truck will get about 14 - 15 miles/gallon.  So, let's see, that comes to 300 gallons, which is about $1200 at four bucks per.  Holey-moley, and that's just to get there and back.

Okay, rant over.  I'll pay it anyway - just wanted to let off a bit of steam.

Just got back from dinner, and the local Shell Station in Chatsworth is selling Diesel for only $4.25 a Gallon. Only 7 days ago it was $4.02. I am not happy about the price. I won't say anymore or I will get in trouble.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 11:21:52 PM »
The sad part is this has nothing to do with Libya as some of the pundits say, we don't get our oil from them.  Our company is very much tied to the oil prices and our annalists at work are predicting $200 a barrel. Our shipping costs have gone up 26 percent since teh middle of February alone.  This stinks and I don't mean the fish.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 09:51:44 AM »
Okay, I'll move this back to Speedweek pre-entries.  I wonder if I should speculate and buy a bunch of "extra" entries.  Let's see -- I'd enter our Gold Wing touring bike, maybe my pit bike, both of the ZX14 -- race & street, maybe the little turbo bike, and even the one that the guy up the road has.  Then, come the month before SW -- I'll sell the un-needed entries to the highest bidder (highest over retail, that is).

Don't tell JoAnn Carlson what I'm doing, okay?  I betcha with the extra revenue i could pay for a good portion of the fuel costs. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 01:11:32 PM »
Another new career for Slim . . .

Broker in the Entries Futures market.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 02:20:28 PM »
The check is in the mail. :-D
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline BIGHORN

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 06:42:09 PM »
Sent my entries in today.

Re gas prices, oil goes up in the middle east that wont become US gas or diesel for 6 months. oil co rational is we need to raise price now to cover future costs!

Wish that logic worked with my clients.
John Kelly

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 07:22:11 PM »
If I'm going to run XXO/BVGCC and XXO/BVGALT, I need to send two entries and $800, correct?
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c