Author Topic: 2006 Motorcycle Rule Changes  (Read 20779 times)

Offline k.h.

2006 Motorcycle Rule Changes
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 10:19:23 PM »
Tech only adheres to the rules, the way the rules are written.  Tech is also bound by the rules when confronted with creative application of the rules.

It's the famous new rule that appears to be the source of disagreement and consternation.  

BUB is a current alternative to divisive politics, to the dividers who are not uniters.  

In my never humble opinion, the fair thing to do is immediately, and in a wholesale manner, strip records from everyone who ever set one in pushrod M with an aftermarket engine, thereby truly leveling the playing field for the future and guaranteeing the safety and longevity of whatever record is so sanctum santorum sacred that it must be protected by re-inventing the sport.  

Snivel.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
2006 Motorcycle Rule Changes
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2006, 10:45:07 PM »
One thing that does'nt appear to have been mentioned is with the rule changes Modified has now become Modified PRODUCTION.  Which begs the question.  Are the Modified records going to be frozen and replaced with a new set of records for Modified PRODUCTION?  Or will the powers that be plod on through the haze of stupidity?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Adminosphere
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2006, 10:56:47 PM »
Without suitable documentation on the use of aftermarket cases by the HD type entries, the solution will be from the same fairy land the rule came from.
We had 6 HD clone choppers that have been produced in excess of the numbers required by SCTA Production this am on a TV spot. All of them with S S package motors.

"Back room deals produce results that should not be let out of the back room."
"Did it fail as designed or was it designed to fail ?"
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline fastkat2

• New folks
Re: Motorcycle Rule Changes
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2009, 01:54:27 PM »
     I'm new to this, and I have lots q"s Regarding what class my bike would be in.
I am building a 1982 750 yam non push rod. I,m Building a fiberglass body (slip on) fairing. Not a full streamline. Also aerodynamic front fender & rear tail.
My intention Is to Break 187. mph Stock engine with new carb & intake design & minor rear frame alt.
    Do I have to join a club or can i just come & run. I understand passing tech And most of that, I'm Waiting for new rule book. Also When can I run?

OH Yha- who is James Hieght & what bike did he run?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: 2006 Motorcycle Rule Changes
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 09:32:52 PM »
Wow, this is really old thread revival...
I would suggest you just start a new thread, or if you would like someone will move this one.  I suspect you are modified or altered, depends on length over stock WB.... 
To run Bonneville you need to join the BNI, rulebook free with membership.
Welcome
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline ralt12

• New folks
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2009, 10:39:08 AM »
Do you mean the SCTA, not BNI? Is there a difference?

dwarner

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2009, 10:51:07 AM »
Its the same book for SCTA-BNI and USFRA.

Bub uses AMA rules which will be somewhat different.

DW

Offline sabat

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2009, 11:12:30 AM »
fastkat2; I think you mean to run in the ECTA, not the SCTA, which is where this thread started. James Hight ran a late model GSXR750 at ECTA, and so did Jack Broomhall (both ECTA and SCTA). To compete with those records I would humbly suggest you find a late model inline 4 cylinder to start with, otherwise you will be a distinct power disadvantage. Try ebay, if you are patient you can save a lot, especially if you plan to use your own fairing, and just want to race it, not ride on the street. -Dean

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2009, 11:43:38 AM »
I have to agree with Dean. You are just giving up way to much power using a bike that old. Even if you got the Yam for free just the updates needed will cost--tires etc. And it will NEVER see 187 unless you turbo it.
I just bought a nice 1999 GSXR 750 for 1800.00. Came with a bunch of extras, 20,000 miles. The guy I bought it from was not mechanically inclined at all and the manual cam chain adjuster it had was backed out--made a horrible noise. He must have though it was toast. One evening and a couple beers and it runs like a top.
  Hey, Dean, Greg say he has almost another full turbo system laying about for the 750--can you say street turbo bike??
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline sabat

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »
I have to agree with Dean. You are just giving up way to much power using a bike that old. Even if you got the Yam for free just the updates needed will cost--tires etc. And it will NEVER see 187 unless you turbo it.
I just bought a nice 1999 GSXR 750 for 1800.00. Came with a bunch of extras, 20,000 miles. The guy I bought it from was not mechanically inclined at all and the manual cam chain adjuster it had was backed out--made a horrible noise. He must have though it was toast. One evening and a couple beers and it runs like a top.
  Hey, Dean, Greg say he has almost another full turbo system laying about for the 750--can you say street turbo bike??

Nice find! I just bought a clean-title 2006 ZX10 with a straight chassis and hurt motor for $3200. My spare motor + some knockoff plastics = new street bike. No turbo for this one though, no extras on the shelf :D