Author Topic: What happened to a car?  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
What happened to a car?
« on: January 07, 2011, 07:37:12 PM »
I was watching a Speed Week Video from 1990. What ever happened to Car # 355, it was in class A/STR.
It was about a 32 Ford roadster, blown engine.

One helluva engine, seems like it ran on Alcohol.

TIA
Clay
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Offline Kiwi Paul

Re: What happened to a car?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:56:29 AM »
Clay, That Car was Joe Law`s Blown 370 inch Street Roadster. That engine went into his ultra fast Lakester(Same Competition number). In those days, there were no Blown Classes as such--a blown motor put you two classes up. I don`t know if he still has the car, but that Roadster was really fast....went over 240, I believe...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »
ABOUT the only thing assocoiated with MR Law that is not fast--- is how fast he responds when asked a question  :-D 

My hat is off to that guy---I would be willing to bet that we see his name associated with ROADSTERS again!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:15:04 AM »
Sparky...Do you have inside info? I would suppose Joe still has that Car......if he ran it again I`m sure we would see the first 250 pass from a legit (Stan Back...you listening? ) Street Roadster.... :-D