Author Topic: Who stole it?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Who stole it?
« on: December 27, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »
  Whuhappened to the For Sale section?                   :-P
Bob Drury

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Who stole it?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 06:42:44 PM »
Here's the story, in a nutshell 'cause the pizza's coming out of the oven in a few minutes:

I'm thinking of starting a small off-shoot section of "for sale" for small shops and such that want to advertise their services -- for a reasonable fee like $50/year +/-.  In working with the for sale section -- I managed to farkle things up pretty well, and then discovered that one reason was that there were about 2,600 "for sale" items listed -- the absolutely tremendously huge majority of which are expired or should be.  So - in the process of starting to clear out that old mess, part of the reason that things went poorly when setting up the little-stuff branch of for sale -- well, that's when things went to Australia in a handbasket, if you will.  We'll get the For Sale section back on the air as soon as possible.

By the way, the new little stuff section -- will be paid ads, again, and to get on the section the advertiser will have to go through me -- won't be able to set up his own.  You'll all still be able to sell just like you've done forever -- no change there.  But if Bob's Dyno Shop in Podunk, Oregon, wants to rent out his dyno for an hour here and a tune-up there -- I'll let him pay for the privilege of telling you folks.  Bob Drury -- if you want to offer some of your buddies a chance to visit you and use your dyno for the cost of power and beer -- that's still for free.  Got it?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »
And I just thought it was me!?

I help Mod on the Jockey Journal, the Jock Shops section there does a good job of showcasing the legit shops. And it keeps the classifieds clean.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 07:35:58 PM »
Its OK triple S.  I usually o broke I can't afford to even look in the for sale section.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.