Author Topic: 1973 camaro AA/CGC  (Read 121370 times)

Offline BALS aSALT

• Go Fast Be Safe...oh, and hold my Redbull
Re: 1973 camaro AA/CGC
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2011, 08:35:49 PM »
Whats up Doc??????
i'll have news and photos soon. right now waiting for custom front subframe and spending lots of money buying parts. 8-)
and for the record...............the build is NOW a 1973 camaro in AA/CGC.........................................and i have a letter from SCTA stating that my combination is good to go.............................................................1973 AA/CGC camaro. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:39:57 PM by BALS aSALT »
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2011, 11:51:37 AM »
Soo, BALS, are you going to share the combo that put you in CGC?????  inquiring minds need to know :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2011, 12:01:28 PM »
i'll have news and photos soon. right now waiting for custom front subframe and spending lots of money buying parts. 8-)
and for the record...............the build is NOW a 1973 camaro in AA/CGC.........................................and i have a letter from SCTA stating that my combination is good to go.............................................................1973 AA/CGC camaro. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Probably our most common off-season pastime  :-D
Good luck with the project
See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2011, 09:24:17 PM »
Soo, BALS, are you going to share the combo that put you in CGC?????  inquiring minds need to know :-D
ok ok i'll tell ya. the project is now a 1973 camaro. 608 tall deck chevy with those famed pontiac heads, and kinsler mechanical fuel injection, dry sump. "das bullet"  engine set back 2 in. 4 speed. winters quick change.
will be installing  a scotts hotrods custom subframe on saturday, so should have some good pics this weekend. have been waiting for scotts to build the front clip, thats why the lull in the postings. but now that subframe arrives tomorrow. i'll be throwing 260 ft. of tubing at the car. got 120 ft 13/4 x .156 DOM, 40 ft. of 11/2 x .125 DOM, 40 ft. 11/4 x .120 DOM, 40 ft.of 1 x.120 DOM , and 20 ft. of 2 x 4 x .188 EW. that should be a good start to my cage. so now that we have a front end, the real work begins.  :-D :-D :-D :-D
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2011, 10:26:57 PM »
Should be an awsome ride have fun.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2011, 10:46:34 PM »
so today we made good progress. front subframe in and frame connectors fabbed and tacked in.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2011, 10:48:10 PM »
here is a pic of frame connectors.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »
and from under the car.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2011, 10:51:06 PM »
one more for the hell of it.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2011, 10:52:11 PM »
oh, ok one more.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2011, 10:56:34 PM »
now i need someone to show me how to post pics in a manner so i can include multiple pics with each post rather than one pic per post. :roll:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2011, 11:46:22 PM »
when you click on additional options you then click on browse to open ever how many you want

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2011, 12:06:33 AM »
yeah but then a window comes up and says my pics are too big :? :? :? :?, i've never had that problem before................always been told too small. :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-, but screw that for now, what about the build? looking for some approval here. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:08:08 AM by BALS aSALT »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2011, 09:50:53 AM »
the limit is 500k.  your single has almost 400k,  you have to run it through some resize program or change the camera to put up more than one.

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2011, 11:41:07 AM »
Very nice.
I think you might have moved yourself into altered with the subframe. Check rule 5.D.3. I hope I'm wrong (one of those gray area interpretations of the rule)
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean