Author Topic: Anybody interisted in running E85?  (Read 11644 times)

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
Re: Anybody interisted in running E85?
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »
E85 and E95 are favorites of the import crowd and street crowd in Turbo and Supercharged vehicles because of the added intake charge cooling they get from the Alcohol. helps keep the intake temps lower. My tuner wanted me to try E85 with my Turbo Mitsubishi Truck. But, the turbo makes me a Modified Truck, so there goes production. I could have "fit" it into or made a argument for a existing Blown Fuel Category until i looked at the records there...No thanks... I'm perfectly happy with Blown Gas, If a fuel category is created I'd consider it. but face it, E85 is Fuel, according to the definitions laid out.

Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline horsewidower

• New folks
Re: Anybody interisted in running E85?
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2010, 12:53:52 PM »
I run a turbo'd roadracing car on E85 and think its a fantastic fuel.  Not gas, fuel. 

I chafed for awhile about the fuel/gas rules for LSR, contemplating many of the same arguments as the OP.  In the end, its a fuel, its characteristics are different and E85 has no place in a gas class.

Find a fuel class if you want to run E85.  I had originally intended to run an F/BMMP, now I'm looking in the altered classes.

Its our job to fit into the existing competition structure.