Author Topic: 2010 WF's Ferrari Shootout?  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Tom Shannon

• http://www.landracing.com
2010 WF's Ferrari Shootout?
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:20:07 PM »
Those of you who attended WF's this Oct. had to have seen the two Red Ferrari's shooting the salt with the rest of you. Well it seems some Ferrari "purists" are crying foul, as one wasn't exactly "Pure" Ferrari. You decide...........

http://www.dailyderbi.com/worlds-fastest-ferrari-or-fauxrarri/#disqus_thread
Tom Shannon
On The Road

Offline Motornoggin

• New folks
  • Speed Freak
Re: 2010 WF's Ferrari Shootout?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:50:17 PM »
I can see both sides to the arguement, but...

I still think it's a REAL accomplishment and the team owner/driver seems a like a genuinley good guy that deserves the title. If someone wants it, they can build a faster Ferrari and take it away, That's how it works.

Didn't someone set a record in a Ford roadster with a Chrysler based hemi? Isn't one of the main themes of LSR to re-power a car to make it WAY faster than it could have ever been otherwise?

In this context it's silly to make an issue out of it.

Just my $.02.

Offline BALS aSALT

• Go Fast Be Safe...oh, and hold my Redbull
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:19:34 AM »
i was there. :-D :-D :-D and in my opinion, the chevari doesn't count as worlds fastest ferrari :-P :-P :-P. hell it's not even a 288 GTO. granted it is a bad ass car and they deserve all the praise they got comin' for set the record :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:. so i am not knocking them. it's just not a ferrari. now the enzo that was there on the other hand. :wink: :wink: :wink: that is the worlds fastest ferrari. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline JamesLaMere

• WoS'07
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:41:10 AM »
Congrats to both Ferrari Salt teams! Every record set on the Salt is truly an accomplishment!

I realize others here may rebuke me for the following comment, but:
[IMHO: The Enzo is a really neat car and all, but it was rather surprising that the mega-$$$$$$$ twin-turbo V12 Enzo was only ~10% faster this season than 'Retribution', the #4663 P/S single-turbo 2.0L 4cyl. FWD '91 Talon junkyard special that followed it! (see pics on WF thread) I guess I just assumed there'd be a lot higher speed differential between a high-tech "C" Enzo and an old "G" Talon.]

3 ways to go fast on Salt:
Cubic Inches
Cubic Dollars
Cubic Ingenuity

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 12:49:16 AM »
hahahahahaha.......CornFlake box quiz ,

The whole BNI/SCTA thing is a stamp of legitimacy, rules , classes, records, then of course there's the F.I bizzo............beyond that we all know its a circus.....fastest lawn-mower ,tractor,milk truck...whatever  .....I dunno why people get their tits in a tangle when someone wants to say "I am the greatest"....... let 'em ,

Anyone who makes a car do over 250mph isn't mucking around, when keyboard Bozo's are the source of your legitimacy you've got ya priorities wrong . If I had a 288 with a big-block the only person who I'd be listening to would be the guy who kicked my tradesmans entrance WITHOUT a big-block in his 288..........

Didn't someone set a record in a Ford roadster with a Chrysler based hemi? Isn't one of the main themes of LSR to re-power a car to make it WAY faster than it could have ever been otherwise?

In this context it's silly to make an issue out of it
.......Yeah! what he said.....
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 12:59:28 AM »
It's not a production class racer.  Production classes are for purists - and I count myself foresquare amongst them. 

So from a brand loyalist, let me say this.  If it sticks in their craw that much, I'd suggest the purists go put together a 500 CI 12 cylinder Ferrari powered Ferrari with a few more ponies than the bow-tie, bring it out to the salt, take the record back, and then stop whining about it.

"ooooohhhh, but it's not a real Ferrari . . ."

For a MS car, I'd say that the body is remarkably stock, and high praise is due Fiat/Ferrari for building such a stable and beautiful body.

I can't think of a single person among us who wouldn't love to see and hear a 2500 hp Ferrari engine.  But to those who sit on the sidelines and say "foul", I've got 5 words.

Put up, or shut up.

Cheers to the team that put it together and had the sack to drag it out and race it. :cheers:

And to the purists on the sidelines - it's clear the design is capable of great speed - are you?
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 11:12:08 AM »
I agree it is not a Ferrari.

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 12:18:13 PM »
We are a nation of hot rodders.  The Enzo is a sportscar.  The 288 is a hot rod.  Is the 911 roadster the world's fastest Ford?  Which record would be most nifty to have?  (Multiple choice question that everyone gets to answer for themselves).
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Motornoggin

• New folks
  • Speed Freak
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 03:42:22 PM »
I agree it is not a Ferrari.

Is it a Dodge? Pinto? Corvette?  :?

Offline desotoman

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 05:51:11 PM »

Didn't someone set a record in a Ford roadster with a Chrysler based hemi?

Yea, but real Roadster guys just call them Roadsters :evil:,  most don't care what brand. LOL.

Tom G.

I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Motornoggin

• New folks
  • Speed Freak
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 07:36:58 PM »

Didn't someone set a record in a Ford roadster with a Chrysler based hemi?

Yea, but real Roadster guys just call them Roadsters :evil:,  most don't care what brand. LOL.

Tom G.

Indeed!

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 08:21:59 AM »
Enzo Ferrari has been quoted  (and mis-quoted)as saying "When you buy from me, You are buying an engine...The rest I give you for free" So...No Ferrari engine = No Ferrari :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.