Author Topic: new 2011 rule changes  (Read 103124 times)

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
Re: new 2011 rule changes
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2010, 02:52:34 PM »
Mike, that was good! :-D

I spoke with Pat Riley, about yesterday's meeting. He told me the window options were Lexon or a similar material, full safety glass, or film . He said they were looking at the 3m, and maybe others.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline dw230

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »
What you didn't write here or Pat did not tell you is that NO suggestions for window changes will be going to the board as a result of the meeting held on Sat.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline desotoman

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2010, 03:52:03 PM »
What happened on the Roadster Classes? Anything significant or politics as usual. LOL.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline dw230

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
No spoiler on F/G roadsters, no aero devices disguised as gussets, on REMR  35% of the original car must remain uncovered by any so called parachute packs or head rest fairings.

As stated before, the final vote for the suggestions is up to the board of directors at either the 11/19 or early Dec. meeting.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline desotoman

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2010, 05:03:04 PM »
Thanks Dan,  I was hoping for some bigger changes in the REMR Class. Oh well I will start writing for next years rule changes now. LOL. This time I will be specific instead of suggesting it go to the Roadster committee for review.

Thanks,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline dw230

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2010, 05:22:24 PM »
Tom,

When you put a form in it goes to the relative committee. Your suggestion offered a brief comedic moment, please be more specific in the future.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
What you didn't write here or Pat did not tell you is that NO suggestions for window changes will be going to the board as a result of the meeting held on Sat.

DW

Nope, I didn't know that. Just posted what little I did know.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2010, 08:04:36 PM »
One of my friends who was there said electric fuel pump inertia switches will be mandatory (oh well I got away with an oil preesure switch for one year) I did a search on them on the site but never found a current rating for the Ford unit....Did any get one and not put in down or did I just miss it.....Thanks....JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2010, 08:34:59 PM »
JD dont run the fuel pump through the I S.... I use the I S to trip a bosch style relay, that way i can run 30 amps without burning up the I S

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2010, 08:58:38 PM »
One of my friends who was there said electric fuel pump inertia switches will be mandatory (oh well I got away with an oil preesure switch for one year) I did a search on them on the site but never found a current rating for the Ford unit....Did any get one and not put in down or did I just miss it.....Thanks....JD

JD -

I just looked at mine - Early '90's Ford.  I see no rating on it, but the factory pigtail has 16 awg wire for the through.  Probably safe to 15 amps - maybe more (?) :roll:

Glad this discussion went in this direction - I'm thinking a relay might be in order on mine, too.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2010, 12:38:26 AM »
The fuel pump I run has a 7.5 amp fuse and the question to the manufacturer responded with an answer to the normal current flow is 5 amps.(makes perfect sense) I have found an aftermarket inertia switch with a current capacity of 10 amps. I am a power plant electrician by trade with 40 years experience with relays  BUT I don't want to add another electric thing to go wrong especially in a salt envionment. I naturally thought of a relay first but want to eliminate if I can.

I seriously thought of putting a small Crower pump I have on my oil pump and using it with a return type regulator and a bypass but I have had trouble with that type before.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline old chevy truck

• New folks
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2010, 02:36:33 PM »
I have a question regarding the proposed rule change, submitted DW,  to allow aftermarket front ends in gas coupe (fiberglass ?). It seems to me there should be no confusion as to what is and is not allowed.  Section 5.D.3 Gas Coupe is clear -  all body panel must be in the stock location and of the same year as the body. Section 5.D.2 Altered Coupe is also clear. Aftermarket front ends are allowed as long as the item conforms to the class guidelines.

If clarification is necessary it may help to add to the gas coupe section, pg. 67, paragraph 6 .  NOTE: Any narrowing or fairing of bumpers into the body  - or use of after market body panels  - will result in the car being placed in Altered class.

This is my 2 cents - Any thoughts?

Offline dw230

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2010, 02:37:57 PM »
That one was withdrawn after some discussion.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline old chevy truck

• New folks
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Any other info regarding what did and didn't make the cut?

Offline dw230

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2010, 05:16:23 PM »
Nope, final vote at board meeting.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth